Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: thought I'd have a go ....

Thanks

thought I'd have a go ....

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi all.

Just spent a pleasurable half hour listening to some of the stuff posted here and thought I'd post a link to my site for a little feed back.

Unfortunately, most of the stuff up there are only segments of the song except for "Red" which is the full track.

Anyway, it would be nice to get some comment.

Cheers

Dee

you need to go to the music section of the site (er.... obviously!! hehe)

Duh .... http://www.deeexpus.com/audio.htm
    ".... the time will come to carry on, and the Red sky will abate ..."

Thanks
    Here's an easier url:
    http://www.deeexpus.com/music.htm

Thanks
    hehe - cheers!

Thanks
    Damn! Just listened to "one of my dreams" & man, I don't think you have much to learn from anyone here (or elsewhere) about recording... you obviously know what you're doing. What else is there to say? Very professional-sounding.

Chris

Thanks
    Really professional sounding recordings.Good stuff.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply's Guys.

Appreciate the comment Groucho, though I wish I could agree The song you're commenting on is actually in the middle of being totally redone, as I made an almighty cockup in the drum program hence the whole song tugs and pulls in every direction.

... and cheers Kramer!!

Thanks
    I listened to One of my Dreams also. Great tune, great recording. Sounds like yer well ahead of the game already. These all recorded at home? Damn, like to see a list of your equipment and watch you use it! Charva (Dave)

www.geocities.com/charvster

Clowns to the left of me...Jokers to the right....Here I am....
    Thanks
    Dude...................

Fess up................

You are a Pro......aren't you......???

One of these Dreams is a great tune and recorded well......

great harmony vox and the pads are perfect....
    Drums??
    Drums??
    I didn't hear anything wrong with the drums.....

But...what's with all of the snap, crackle and pop??
    is that intentional?
    sounds like a vinyl record playing....ya know?

Take it easy,
    Joe

Thanks
    WOW!!

I have to say, I wasnt expecting this sort of feedback, especially for this song!

Charva - All of my stuff was (and is) recorded in my attic at home. I'm using purely hard disk recording via Logic Audio Gold, and up until very recently all effects - compression, reverb etc are internal. I was using an Audiowerk 2 soundcard out to my desk (2 outs - mixed internally, so complete waste of the mixing desk potential!!) to a Marantz PM4200 Hi Fi amp powering 2 KEF SP3320 Hi Fi speakers. So, as you can see nothing startling there really.
    As for the Input side of things ... Everything, bar the guitars and vocals, are programmed again using Logic, the samples comming from emagics ES1 and ES24. The vocals were recorded through a Sennheiser E845S Mic, through the desk EQ (Soundtracs Solo 32/4/2) into Logic, and compressed there in!
    My Drums!! - of all my recording achievements, I am probably most pleased with my Drum tracks. I spend a huge amount of time programming and EQing Drums, as I have no facility to record live drums, but want as realistic drum sound as possible and have to admit, that I'm quite pleased with the results so far.
    As for you watching me use it, let me know when ur in the country (UK) and you can come over for a beer anytime oh and buy that Mini, they're F'kin amazing!!!

Joe (Joro - "I didn't hear anything wrong with the drums..... ") Thanks for that, its made my day that you picked on them!! As for the "snap crackle and pop" - yeah its intentional. The song is about my life, and I thought it would be a good way to start as you only had vynil, when I kicked off on this planet. The intro piano has been EQ'd to give that mono, wax cylinder, His Masters Voice type thing too ..... ((oo oo, chee boo) reminded my self of the Goodies for a second there ... hmmm none of you will get that!!!

I'm currently upgrading my soundcards to 2x Staudio 2000 Cports, to give me 16 outs to the desk, so that I can finally mix down externally. er... woohoo.

Thanks again for the comments guys. I would love some Feedback on "RED" if any of you have the time, even if only on the Drum track. I'm aware the vocals are shite BTW!!!!

Cheers
    Dee

Thanks
    One Of My Dreams-WOW!! Fan-tas-tic...absolutely great song-loved it! Great groove-great vocal layering-nice key sounds-If I had to nit-pick-the cymbals seem a little on the high endy side-there were a few times when the vocals didn't seem to be riding on top like they should-and the key solo could have come up a tad-but those could be defined as personal preferences and in no way hindered my enjoyment of this great song....

Reds-again--top notch-though a definete personal pref here--the whole 911 thing...native new yorker here...I don't really want to be reminded of the whole thing...too many bad memories.....you mentioned it in the other song as well but it was just part of a verse so anyway.....you are doing an amazing job with the tools you listed-hope you get the attention you deserve.
    "Hey man, am I drivin ok?" "You're stopped man"

Thread Information