thought id attempt some dubstep

I thought dubstep was a reggae derivative? Until the off-beat synth kicked in around 1:00, I didn't really hear anything that recalled reggae rhythms.

You've got some pretty cool sounds in here though.

not that bad...I think the drums are a little weak but youve got a good bass there...maybe needs a little more mangling but its close

I thought dubstep was a reggae derivative? Until the off-beat synth kicked in around 1:00, I didn't really hear anything that recalled reggae rhythms.

Dubstep did come from Reggae, but doesn't necessarily have to sound like it as the genre is defined by the drum beat. An easy 90% of Dubstep sounds nothing like Reggae.

Anyway, I thought it was good, but could use more work on the bassline. It would sound a lot more "full" if you made it warble; simply strobing it makes it feel flat. Also, I agree with KC that the drums are weak...great Dub has a snare that SLAMS! :)

didnt know it originated from reggae!

yeh i overlooked the drums a bit, im gonna do a few different things like this in future, its quite fun and a break from metal. i agree im not too fond of the main synth sound anymore, but i do love the glitching synth :D

thanks for the feedback

its comes from a mixture of underground dance stuff but its based around a bassline, like dub reggae is...hence its name....prolly got more in common with D&B and/or garage than reggae

I dont care for the snare/sample. But thats just me. Its all about you and if you like it :) Have you tried it with different snare hits. Maybe use a couple different ones at different times. Its all about experimenting.

Back