thought I would post again

Erland

Hi there. I havn`t been posting songs here for ages. I have been using the other great forum. I don`t recognise anyone so I thought I would post a new song. Hi I`m Erland.

I am trying to record a nice sounding demo album. With the input from all you guys I think I could get it sounding pretty cool.

This is track 1, Its called All In All.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1375/album935

I recently got a nice new condesor mic (no more dynamic) with the support I got from a summer CD a few months ago. So I use the boss four track to record the tracks, put them all onto my laptop then I mix in Adobe Audition. This is all new to me but I think I am getting to grips with it. Using the computer over just the fourtrack is a huge step up. I`m lovin it.

Anyway, could you check it out and tell me what you think?

Cheers

:)

Erland

www.erlandcooper.com

Cool tune!

Vocals are cool-obvious it's you in the backing vox, but the layering is pretty cool. There's a spot at about 1:43 where the counter to the melody almost seems like it's too much-things get really confused and jump around in the soundstage.

Little bit of noise at the end-some fingers coming off the strings after the song is done?

Nicely done. Your voice is great, and the harmonies are tight.

cool

Thanks mate.

Yeh, I thought there might be too much going on. I will try and mix a little better there. thanks. As for noise I dont mind at all. All part of the demo. It will never be perfect. Thanks alot though, I will have another indepth listen......

Another sweaty sock at HRdc....you're the second I've seen today. Ok the song.....I like this a lot, very pleasing to the ear and I'm not gonna waste your time picking holes in it cause there aren't any. Really good confident vocal and I love the way you've used the layers to really fatten out the footprint of the song.

Excellent

Alec

Truly a wonderful song, well produced, written, and performed. I can't see where you could improve upon it.

You have reversed the signal on the guitar in there, but it is so fleeting I can't fault it, the only distraction but clearly meant to add to the ambience.

I hope a "sweaty sock" is irish slang for a fellow countryman. Not sure I'd stand for that, otherwise!

Everything sounds great to me. Very clear vocals and wonderful guitar playing! My girlfriend was doing laundry when I played it and asked me "Why dont you write songs like that?"

The vocals were very nice, especially the layering when the harmony voices came in. Great acoustic guitar tone, great performance.

It's hard to critque stuff of this calibre.

Vocals sounded good. I liked the bridge or whatever near the end of the song. Kept the tune from getting too redundant. Good work

Ill be listening to this over a nice big hot Pastrami sandwich and a beer when I get home this evening... :)

Well Erland you know I'm a fan..............
I like the fact that you are getting into more sophisticated recordings.
You seem to have the capability to learn this stuff and apply it very quickly.
It's obvious you know in your head what you want to hear and now you are getting to where you can make that happen.

It's bloody fabulous man:D

Awesome product. Heh, this is really probably not even worth pointing out, but in the last 3 or so seconds of the track you hear what sounds like another song faintly. Hardly noticeable, and may not even but an issue for you. Or I'm way off this was there on purpose =). Ok yes, that is lame. I tried, I just can't find anything wrong with your song. Are you recording on tape?

that fretless is cool, sounds like tub bass. You know that gear well enough to get all it`s potential in the of capture your stuff. I just listen.... :)

Finally a reply. Doh.

LemonTree. Cheers Alec you sweaty beast. Thanks alot for checking out my tune. point me in the direction fo yours, I`m well up for a listen....

DigitalSmigital. Hey thanks for checking it out. What a great review, made my day cheers. I hope you like the next track.

T1ny. Cheers mate. I`m glad your Girlfrend liked it too.

Phyl. Wow, thanks alot. I cant believe its that good.

roomx. Hi mate, thanks. I had a challenge to write and record some songs a few months back. Itw as basically a road trip around spain and france with the four track. All those tracks are up but they are ruffer than this. This is my first attempt at home with a decent microphone....talk to you soon. cheers.

Ray J. Thanks mate. I thought I needed something else there yeh. It wasnt planned actually it just seemed right. Cheers.

Massive Master. Hi there. I juts have the laptop and some cheap speakers so when I finish the song I tweak it in Soundforge so its ready. I am actually unsure what mastering is but I am sure it should be done by other ears. Thanks for listening.

Toki987. Nice one. Hope the sarni was good. Fretless, erm I dont have one. This was my first shot at bass though so thanks. I feel I am finally getting to gribs with the new microphone. Next step, stereo recording. Cheers mate.

the dude. Dude :)

HevyD47Ca. Hey man, I realy appreciate that. I definately want to take it up a level and using the laptop and condensor sure has worked. I am still keeping it simple though.

Rhythmschism. Lol, glad you thought it was alright. Its not on tape no. I used a digital fourtrack and the headphones leaked the last song on it. Its very noticable though so i thought, ahh well i cant get it out. Thanks for listening mate.

yiordanaki. Nice one, cheers. I think the mic just pic up the guitar really well. I dont need to add any thing after the recording. Its a red5audio rv10. Well cheap but well good!

colinear. Hey thanks alot. I appreciate you listening

Thanks alot guys and cheers for popping into the webpage! I really appreciate that.

Erland

:)

www.erlandcooper.com

You have, along with others here, proven again to me that GREAT music does still exist!!
icon_worship.gif

Back