Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: thought I would post again

Thanks

Smile thought I would post again

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi there. I havn`t been posting songs here for ages. I have been using the other great forum. I don`t recognise anyone so I thought I would post a new song. Hi I`m Erland.

I am trying to record a nice sounding demo album. With the input from all you guys I think I could get it sounding pretty cool.

This is track 1, Its called All In All.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1375/album935

I recently got a nice new condesor mic (no more dynamic) with the support I got from a summer CD a few months ago. So I use the boss four track to record the tracks, put them all onto my laptop then I mix in Adobe Audition. This is all new to me but I think I am getting to grips with it. Using the computer over just the fourtrack is a huge step up. I`m lovin it.

Anyway, could you check it out and tell me what you think?

Cheers

Erland

www.erlandcooper.com

Thanks
    Cool tune!

Vocals are cool-obvious it's you in the backing vox, but the layering is pretty cool. There's a spot at about 1:43 where the counter to the melody almost seems like it's too much-things get really confused and jump around in the soundstage.

Little bit of noise at the end-some fingers coming off the strings after the song is done?

Nicely done. Your voice is great, and the harmonies are tight.

Thanks

cool

Thanks mate.

Yeh, I thought there might be too much going on. I will try and mix a little better there. thanks. As for noise I dont mind at all. All part of the demo. It will never be perfect. Thanks alot though, I will have another indepth listen......

Thanks
    Another sweaty sock at HRdc....you're the second I've seen today. Ok the song.....I like this a lot, very pleasing to the ear and I'm not gonna waste your time picking holes in it cause there aren't any. Really good confident vocal and I love the way you've used the layers to really fatten out the footprint of the song.

Excellent

Alec
    Lemontree Studio
    Not bitter, not twisted!

Thanks
    Truly a wonderful song, well produced, written, and performed. I can't see where you could improve upon it.

You have reversed the signal on the guitar in there, but it is so fleeting I can't fault it, the only distraction but clearly meant to add to the ambience.

I hope a "sweaty sock" is irish slang for a fellow countryman. Not sure I'd stand for that, otherwise!

Thanks
    Everything sounds great to me. Very clear vocals and wonderful guitar playing! My girlfriend was doing laundry when I played it and asked me "Why dont you write songs like that?"

Phyl Guest
    The vocals were very nice, especially the layering when the harmony voices came in. Great acoustic guitar tone, great performance.

It's hard to critque stuff of this calibre.

Thanks

Thumbs up Great song Erland

Sound really great. Came to think of a blend of the Proclaimers and Dave Matthews Band...

Great production...

Great song... I'll check out some more of your music, which songs should I listen to?

Roomx
    ---------------------
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/r2osmusic.htm

Thanks
    Vocals sounded good. I liked the bridge or whatever near the end of the song. Kept the tune from getting too redundant. Good work

Chicago area, probably looking for more coffee.
    Thanks
    Very pretty. Don't know if it's been mastered or not, but I'd love to hear just a whisker more "sparkle" in the highs...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Thread Information