Theme song for a podcast (you have 20 seconds, right?) - Regdar and the Fighters

VomitHatSteve

Hat STYLE. Not contents.
Bring the vocals out a little more. I couldn't quite understand the words. Tune the high part on that last note.

Yep, I figured I'd have to bump the vox a little.

I'd hoped the pitchiness on that last note wasn't that pronounced. Dang. I'll probably have to retrack it (I try not to tune vox in box. If I can do this song without pitch correction, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do others.)

Thanks!

Dang, was that you hitting that high note?? :eek: Well, there might be some room for latitude. But still, if it's a jingle, I'd say tune it up and give it to the customer. Unless you're going for comedic relief, in which case, make it more pronounced.

Yeah the only thing I had was that the vocal is tough to hear. Otherwise, I thought it was OK.

Morning folks!

I churned this one out last night (ok, spent 5 hours laboring over it). Kind of depressing how much work goes into producing so little audio!

Anyway, I'd love all'y'all's feedback on the mix.

There are 3 arrangements. Other than the vocals, they're pretty fundamentally similar.
View attachment 96353View attachment 96354View attachment 96355

They're great, Steve. The music reminds me of super mario bros 3.
I thought the 3rd one was good but too long for a podcast intro. I like the first one with vocals, but when you sing "comedy" i feel it's too many syllables for the beat.

Dang, was that you hitting that high note?? :eek: Well, there might be some room for latitude. But still, if it's a jingle, I'd say tune it up and give it to the customer. Unless you're going for comedic relief, in which case, make it more pronounced.
I rarely go for "laugh-out-loud" funny in my songs these days. More "wry". Yeah, I'll tighten it up.

Yeah the only thing I had was that the vocal is tough to hear. Otherwise, I thought it was OK.
Cool. Thank you!

They're great, Steve. The music reminds me of super mario bros 3.
I thought the 3rd one was good but too long for a podcast intro. I like the first one with vocals, but when you sing "comedy" i feel it's too many syllables for the beat.

Y'know, I don't know that I've ever even played SMB3. :D
The thought with the 3rd one is that she could maybe have it fade into the spoken part of her intro? It was an extra 10-15 minutes to make that one, so no harm in having it I figured.
I get the "too many syllables" thing a lot actually, especially when I write for the vocalists in my other bands. What can I say? I like words!

I get the "too many syllables" thing a lot actually, especially when I write for the vocalists in my other bands. What can I say? I like words!

Are you singing a triplet there? It kind of sounds like a triplet but maybe not enough time at that tempo to get it all in. For some reason it stood out as a rhythmic clash.
The big picture is it's a cool intro, and most people probably won't care or hear these things. I say keep it and start making the podcast. What's the link to the podcast? That podcast sounds promising.

Yeah it's better. There were still a couple of words that sort of get lost once the harmony vocals kick in. But I could mostly hear everything.,

Sounds pretty cool. I'm with the others--you want the lyrics more intelligible. Bit pitchy on that final harmony, but it might work with the sort of goofy vibe you're aiming for. I like it.

I hear what you guys are saying about the vocals getting unintelligible as it piles up. I should probably work on that in general (the first podcast I did a theme song was called "Chuck vs. Mal", and the theme ended with a repetition of "Charles versus Mallory", the latter of whom thought for years it was "and princess Amy" - whoever that is)

The host has given me some notes. I'll wait for more feedback from her, but then I may overhaul things pretty significantly.

Back