Thanx Ido1957

theblackBay

Mean average best idiot..
Listened to your comments and was thinking about what you said RE:

http://www.theblackbay.com/testwma.php

dx on the 31 meter band ..

then as usual a series of co-incidences lead me to be listening to a "Cure" song while thinking about the master which lead me to a new mastering theory I’d be interested to see what you think about the difference between these two?

- the one on the left is the old the one on the RIGHT the new master theory.

there is 1 Db RMS difference but the perceptual difference seems to be large.

i'm only on my inside speakers so i can't tell as much.

Until later.

I can hear a difference in db's....

I definitely like the remix/remaster. It has more clarity, highs especially, and the mix is punchier in the drums. The vocals sound like they have more effects but still sit well. I'm not sure if there are more effects - it may just be the mastering job brings them out more.

If I had to pick I would take the remix/remaster on the right.... :)

This is good. Very creative and expressive. At 2:05 the distorted guitar on the left is getting too loud... no wait, it's fading back. Never mind. I like the temporary effect of it.

Good intonation on all the parts. Just a little loose during the intro but that's OK.
Rhythm's pretty tight overall.
Pretty nice mix balance.

Kind of a lo-fi sound but you made it work.

Yeah

thanks guys for the feedback ... i always kind of aim for a "lo-fi" sound otherwise it all starts to sound a bit nice.

thanks

as for the Master great yeah no FX added at all all mastering so i'm happy about that.

i'm concerned it may have too much bass , but i'll check that on another system. i'm paranoid (generally) but mainly always about low bass hum or buzz.

that and mid high harshness.

thnx again.:)

Cool! Neat stuff. I'd like to hear the drums a bit more up in the mix, but they are at a good compromise position between the quiet parts and the louder parts.

If only I still did drugs;) Trippy and creative!

F.S.

No comment besides "cool song"...... ;)

OK, I take that back. That section where everything but the drums gets kind thick and distorted and heavy just twisted my head. NICE production on this!!! I'm gonna keep an eye on you!

Thnx for the feedback

yeah i always liked this one because of the multiple guitar melodies doing different things (like in the intro) but of course it never turns out how it sounded when you were doing it.

I do have one critic of it---those cymbals at the intro the crash I think they are a little well dirty...actually i like the dirty but maybe a little high in the mix. maybe a different Cymbal?

I’m not going to obsess but I’ve got one more song to do and it’s Finished!

should keep working less chatting.

some of the production comes down to hearing sounds in my head. which I’m not sure a totally mine. (as crazy as that sounds.) (i don't take hallucinogenic drugs or anything like that)

thanks guy the next song is a bit of a change.

It’s my last of my Album so when I’m finished I will post it up here it’s nothing special , but it’s much better than what was there originally<<(boring).

Back