Test Drive

cool song.. I hear some type of pop/crackle.. it's either the bass, or maybe everytime the drum loop repeats or something.. not sure, but I hear it all the way through the whole song, after the intro.. maybe the bass drum clipping? I like the tune.. drums sound good except for what I mentioned.. you left a lot of room at the end for a solo..

good tune!

Sam, thanks for listening!
I think I'm getting deaf :( , I can't hear the crackle you mentionen - I'll listen again later..

you're right about the solo.. there was indeed a solo there, but I had to cut it out cos I suck so much at it :(:(

Looks like Sam's cracklometer is hard at work again. :) Usually when Sam says he hears crackling I don't hear it until I put on the phones, and sure enough, he's right. Although I don't hear it on this tune at all on the monitors, so maybe you should check it on headphones.

I dig the song, though I think it could use a couple more chord progression changes. And I think it could use I dynamic lift at the end. What you have works well, but I just want more variety.

You have a really good voice too. And it mixes pretty well with the sounds you having going on.

Hey, do you still want that solo for the other tune? I've been really getting to know my new amp and how to record it. My first attempt at recording the amp was full of harsh mids, but I've switched mics and now I'm pretty happy. Let me know. I haven't forgotten.

Good tune!

Tom

thanks for the comments, Tom!
maybe you're right and I should make something like a bridge for it..

about my tune, check your PM!

Nice big sound. Nice rich low end. That synth-bass sound isn't my thing, but it has a very full sound.

Pops at 1:17-1:18. I'm hearing small pops throughout, but I can't tell for sure if they aren't just part of one of the synth tracks - maybe the bass track.

Nice vocals. Good singing and real good sound to them.

groovejunkie

Nice funky track! I like all the synth parts in there. It has a real Soft Cell vibe to it even down to the pouting and well sung vocals.

The drum pattern changeover parts seem a little un-natural in the early parts before the vocals kick in on the song but the sound of them is nice and balance well in the mix as is everything else.

I can't wait to hear this with a solo by Sluice!

Well done! :)

I enjoyed listening to this, sort of heavy techno pop. Don't get enough of this sort of thing on the board and it fits perfectly with homerecording. Drums sounded deadly. Love the hat samples.

Singing was great, mixed a little dry I think, and maybe to low.

excellent song! I like the reverb on the kick drum at the beginning. Good choice of pads & synths. Very "analog" :D

I also hearded some slight crackles. They are caused by overlapping loops, I think. Chop them up more carefully and they'll disappear. A touch of more reverb or pre-delay would make your (great sounding) voice sound a bit more fuller. The end needed some more work, though, coz it stops a bit upruptly.

Great job -- keep posting!

Listening on headphones...I can hear the "crackle" on the kick...

I really like the "spacey" keyboard you have on there. The beginning kind of reminded me of Rush (re: Tom Sawyer) ... must just be the sound you are using.

Some nice vocals there. The tune kind of gets you in a hypnotic groove ...

Mixing wise, on the phones it sounds a little bass heavy. The vocal sounds like it could come up a bit in the mix as well.

Good job overall. Maybe just needs some tweaking.

:)

Back