Temple of my life

Well, I think the drum samples that you've used sound kind of muffled. You could use a sample that has more high end to it.

The vocals arent bad, nor too loud, IMO. Also, the guitar sounds weird...Guitar Rig-esque. Have you recorded through an amp or you plugged direct?

But you have a nice idea for a song...just polish it up and it will be great.

I think everything sounds muffled. There is nothing bad about the recording, just seems like you may have it overly compressed or something, but it really lacks life.

If you have one on the master, try turning off the compressor. If it is too loud before the compressor, then you should go back a remix to keep it from the red. I think you have a pretty cool song but you're killing it with this mix.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the replies, the guitar is recorded direct , I've not spent much time on the amp choices so yeah I could improve on that. I thought it was pretty clear but hey ho. I always struggle with the drums, my intention is to keep the drums basic but I could make them stronger. I have compression on the main output so I'll have a look at that too thanks.

On my headphones, the bass is dominating the mix, and sort of squishing everything else out of the way. You could try reducing the mix compression, reducing the volume of the bass, or EQ'ing out some of the bass (maybe around 100Hz). I like the idea of the song and the vocals, but the arrangement feels a bit repetitive.

My main problem is the sound of the snare - it doesn't match the kick and the overall compressed sound of the mix. Get a different snare sound and EQ the bass a little brighter?

Vocals are fine as they are. Maybe a tad loud.

Guitars are fine.

Not bad start on a song...sounds pretty cool. Agree with others and just about everything. Too much bass and/or non-matching drums. They don't go together at all. Snare does not sound good. This songs needs to be opened up in the higher frequencies so it can breathe. Just so muffled. Vocals don't sound bad.

Thanks, my usual style is alternative rock but I'm trying to make a dance track so this is well outside my comfort zone and find it harder than my usual efforts. I feel that is a good thing though.

Back