Tell Me Why

smaltonian

I had placed this one a while back but I'm looking for some fresh input....

Steve Altonian

http://www.soundclick.com/stevealtonian

TELL ME WHY

Never been the kind to say what’s on my mind
What I want to tell you is how I feel
I get so afraid you might be my worst mistake
I toss and turn in bed at night can we get it right

(CHORUS):
TELL ME WHY does it seem
It always has to come down to you and me
I try to sing a different song
But it don’t last too long
TELL ME WHY is it so
I can’t seem to ever let you go
My mind tells me to walk away
But my heart says stay
Won’t you TELL ME WHY
Won’t you TELL ME WHY

You’re no good for me, I’m no good for you
Still we stay together even though
Sometimes I get confused why we do the things we do
Caught in this web of love that’s all tangled up

(CHORUS):
TELL ME WHY does it seem
It always has to come down to you and me
I try to sing a different song
But it don’t last too long
TELL ME WHY is it so
I can’t seem to ever let you go
My mind tells me to walk away
But my heart says stay
Won’t you TELL ME WHY
Won’t you TELL ME WHY
Won’t you TELL ME WHY
Won’t you TELL ME WHY

(c) 2006 Steve Altonian

Very nice arrangement. The chorus sounds really good. Everything seems to have good levels to me. Your vocals are upfront ... rightfully so, with vocals like that. The guitar part in the beginning seems very tense, like the strings are plucked pretty hard. Plus theres a little fret buzz which I tend to move away from but thats an opinionated sound. Some like it some dont I suppose. I can also hear the compression on the guitar, at least I think so. Everything but the above listed, sounds pristine and very well tracked. Very nice song, I may have even heard it on the board a little ways back. The chorus seems to stick:).

VERY GOOD!
I think I heard this one before but I didn't have opportunity to post my ENVY.
Tell me about your ac guitar. How did you get it so good?
Tell me about everything. (Or "teach me" is the right phrase)
I don't like steel guitars in generally but this one is fitting perfectly.
sikter

I don't like country music, but your production sounded good to my humble ears. A slight hitch on FALL DOWN ON ME however: the right panned picked guitar is flat. Your vocal sounded very slightly flat to begin with, also. Just little things to be improved, though, nothing major :-)

Ben.

BENDBONES

Guilty as charged......Fall down on me definitely will be re-done....My vocal could be WAAAAAAy better & it needs harmonies badly....My background vocalist for this one gets out of prison in FEB...2008 so i got time........

Thanks for the listen

Steve Altonian

this is an excellent song. Great performance, arrangement and production. Good job, man. My only nit would be the intro guitar panned slightly to one side. But that might be my short-coming, as I like things symmetrical. It feels really good when the violin comes in and balances out the panning. eh, don't change a thing....

cheers,

this is an excellent song. Great performance, arrangement and production. Good job, man. My only nit would be the intro guitar panned slightly to one side. But that might be my short-coming, as I like things symmetrical. It feels really good when the violin comes in and balances out the panning. eh, don't change a thing....

cheers,

CHILI

I appreciate the listen & critique....Yeah the guitar bugs me a tad....i'll fix it when I add BGV's

thanks

Steve Altonian

Nice song! I've always wondered how country music gets that "twang" in the background... Is it the steel guitar? =P
I agree with getting some counter-melodies in there. I LOL'ed at the "getting out of prison in 2008" comment. No harm intended, just didnt see it coming.
The singer has a very nice voice. Seemed well balanced to me. Thanks for sharing!

Nice fiddling - orthantek - generally very nicely done. Not too many cliche's so it's ahead of most country to my ears.

Back