teknoish

Sam, that there's real country music! Yee haw! No, not really! Am I actually first to respond? Cool!

Well, its not techno either really. Its more....well B. Sabbath music. This one sounds like a soundtrack to a very demented section of a film like Blue Velvet!

My only mix suggestion is to turn the cello/string patch down a bit. Other than that, itsall cool. Maybe get rid of the bubbles after a while.

I'm not a big fan of techno but listened anyway.

Well sonically it sounds pritty good quality wise ... certainly creative use of guitar... (that is a guitar isn't it ?)

Umm I'm not sure what to else to say. Good backing track for a frankenstein movie ? :) I work in a lab and am currently looking at my dialysis tubing bubbling away. Man your starting to freak me out !! :D

Mixing advice.....Vocals are a tad quiet.

LOL :D

Sorry ... couldn't resist

Hey Sam,
....when you said tecknoish, i was thinkin ..."moby"?.... :D :rolleyes: This is cool man!!! ...scary as fuck, .....but cool. This feels different than your usual E-bow/synth combination. I like that too, but this is a nice change. Im hearing some sounds in this that i havent heard in your stuff before. ....new shite? Where you gittin your samples.... (the bubbling, etc.) .....just curious..... ...and nosey:D
Cool.......diggin it!!

g w/5

Sam, what are doing. Stop it. Your heading towards the wrong turn-off. Pick that guitar back up and sing before its too late.

Im sure your just having some fun. Arent you.

oh my gawd....crawdad said the "C" word:eek: cello!!!

lawrence welk stuff, eh?

hhmmm...you walk around humming these melodies, run home and record them, huh?

sounds like you had fun with sonic foundry acid pro...

no mix comments...they're all samples, right?... volume to taste....

so...this is what your stuff sounds like when your straight.

good beat...I give it an 84

some very interesting things going on in this one.........has kind of a nice pulsing feel to it.........kind of hypnotic............

some of the sounds i really liked......the string sounds

some i wasn't as crazy about.....the gurgling bass type sound

as for the mix......it seems really solid.....everything is well spaced despite the tracks apparent density.........good job

Good mix, good track. Thought that the strings were way too loud compared to the rest of the mix.

This is definately horror movie credits music! :)

Slackmaster 2000

This really sounds warped like I was hoping for :D David Lynch soundtrack material definitely. The string sections were a bit loud. I've somewhat tolerant to this kind of drum-beat thing. I don't consider this techno. This is more laidback. It sounds like those looped hip-hop tracks. The solo at about 2:10 is sick and twisted. Great! This is a good instrumental mad scientist song. This doesn't even need vocals. Still, I'd like to have heard some evil voices by you :D

thanks for checking it out guys!

The only loops were the drums.. I was using this keyboard with an expansion card http://www.midiworld.com/quadrasynth/qs_61.htm Each key was a different beat, and I recorded it in real time..The other synth sounds came fom this http://www.rolandus.com/products/details.asp?catid=8&subcatid=37&prodid=XV-2020

The door creaking and the bubbles came from a sound effects CD that I got out of a Lucky Charms cereal box a few years back.. :) I recorded them in real time as well.. That means it took me 15 takes to get each creek where I wanted it.. I hooked my Cd player into the inputs, and had to time it just right.. I probably could save myself a lot of time if I ever learn how to use the copy and paste functions of my recorder.. I tried to make the synth bass go with the bubbles..

The guitar was tuned to C#, and was run through a Boss PS-5 pedal, a Pod Pro, and a Blue Max compressor.. I used an E-Bow and a flanger on certain parts..

I agree that the strings seem to jump out.. I thought it sounded cool yesterday, but after reading the comments, you guys are right..

I may do something more with this later, or add more sounds at least.. who knows..

Thanks again for dropping some comments!!

and Scott Tansley, Yeah I'm just having some fun....... for once! :D

thanks guys!

This sounds like the music playing during the opening or closing credits to a techno-thriller movie.

I liked the louder cello.

Good job. Creative as usual.

Too weird! I started a techno song Saturday as a little boredom project, and then I lost interest after the news of the Columbia...

I'll check this out in a bit....here's a bump for now. :)

Sammit Dam, I mean Dammit Sam you post faster than I can listen.

Yeah there's just a bit of weirdness. Cool sounds. I liked the bubbles - nice way to break it up.

There was something a little crackly when the cellos came in. They come in and hit that first note then pause for a moment or two. Right before they hit their second note I hear some crackles. Do you hear it too? It's in the same spot every time. The first occurance is around :28. Maybe it's intended, I don't know.

Lem'me know. Your buddy Trip...

Sam

Nice piece. This has that '79 disco EQ sound to it -- like the disco vision of Hell on Halloween night, or something...

A lack of highs, but the balances are right otherwise. I like what your synth bass does when the guitar comes in. Really groovy. I've never heard techno that "grooves" like this does, anyway. Most of it is too fast :)

The piano sounds great, esp. the opening.

That noise is a door creaking? Heh... I thought it was moaning, like your last dying breath or something :D (Yep... door creaking... cuz there's the latch of the door shutting)

I'll keep listening to this and opinionate more.

C

(BTW sorry haven't got back to you about that PM "thing"... I hope to get to that in the next couple days here)

TripleM said:
There was something a little crackly when the cellos came in. Do you hear it too? It's in the same spot every time. The first occurance is around :28. Maybe it's intended, I don't know. Lem'me know.

Wow! I do hear it now! I dont know how you heard that.. I didn't hear it the second time they came around, but I definitely heard it @29 when the strings first started, and again later on.. it almost sounds like a bad patch cord acting up.. the drums had a lo-fi scratchyness to them that I never really liked, and bad cords don't help.. Pretty impressive ears Trip!

This has that '79 disco EQ sound to it -- like the disco vision of Hell on Halloween night, or something...

that's a cool description!

I really appreciate the ears d00ds! thank you for checking..

dude!!!!!!!!!!! that was freakin great!! had a nice hard element. i dig this!! and i'm not a techno fan myself, although i do dig on some prodigy, now and then. crawdad's right, this is all you, bro! this is pit material!!!!! some well placed freaky, hard core scream's, would do this up right!!!

thank's sam!! (on my third spin)!! cool!

peace

rick

I also started a techno song last week, although I believe it is much lighter than this...

This was freakin' great, I loved every minute of it...Excellent Job!

Back