Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tandjent - No One Will Hear Us (Prog Metal)

Thanks

Tandjent - No One Will Hear Us (Prog Metal)

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey everyone,

My band Tandjent is about to release our debut CD called No One Will Hear Us on September 6th. It's pretty much raw / progressive / strange metal for the most part. I play lead/rhythm guitar and do vocals.

The entire recording, mixing and mastering was done on PC in my home studio and we couldn't be happier with the final product. There are a few short samples of some of the songs for you guys check out along with pre-order information and other stuff all available at our website:

www.tandjent.com

Cheers,
    Tim
    [img]http://tandjent.com/image/tandjent-anim-banner.gif[/img]

Thanks
    Very raw, heavy, in your face stuff. Love the guitars. You did an excellent job on this...
    Ed
    Last edited by Dogman; 08-28-2005 at 12:29.
    Honey Badger is badass...he don't give a shit.

Thanks
    Sounds very good. Tuned to A? Maybe Lower? Sounds alot like Meshuggah from the mid 90's which is a good thing. Either None or Destroy Erase Improve. Not sure if that is what you are going for but that is what it reminds me of alot.

Thanks
    Thanks Dogman (One of my favorite KX albums btw )

Very perceptive monkeymanx. Meshuggah (DEI / Chaosphere era) are one of our bigger influences. Two of the songs use a drop Ab tuning, song 1 and song 10.

Thanks again for the comments!

Thanks
    The Meshuggah influence definitely stands out in these songs. The playing and even the production is right on the mark. The execution is top notch. I can't really get past how much it sounds like older Meshuggah though. Im sure you will pick up a lot of fans for this but for listeners like me it may also count against you.
    Would you care to elaborate on the production? I would feel comfortable saying that this is one of the better Metal recordings i've heard on this board.

Thanks
    ExcellenT!!

This sounds great. Fabulous production and guitar work. If anything the mix lacks low end. I would buy this. Let me know when you start selling the finished product.
    My Meat Has Worms...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireneck
    The Meshuggah influence definitely stands out in these songs. The playing and even the production is right on the mark. The execution is top notch. I can't really get past how much it sounds like older Meshuggah though. Im sure you will pick up a lot of fans for this but for listeners like me it may also count against you.
    Would you care to elaborate on the production? I would feel comfortable saying that this is one of the better Metal recordings i've heard on this board.
    We are definitely very heavily influenced by Meshuggah. I won't deny it. They are one of the more important metal bands as of recent days. I think if you were to hear the whole album you would see that we aren't just a Meshuggah clone. Human Antidote is definitely

As far as production goes, everything was done on my PC DAW in my tiny home studio. All drums are Drumkit From Hell Superior (after many many days of tweaking). The guitars are Ibanez RG7420 with EMG707 pickups straight into a Mesa Single Rectifier mic'd with a Stedman N-90. The bass is direct through the POD with a touch of distortion. All vocals are just through a trusty SM57.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by W.I.S.C.
    ExcellenT!!

This sounds great. Fabulous production and guitar work. If anything the mix lacks low end. I would buy this. Let me know when you start selling the finished product.
    Thanks for the compliment man,
    We are very happy with the whole mix but bass is definitely on my list of things to improve the next time around. We should have our CD's sometime later this week and will be shipping out preorders on the 6th.

Thanks
    I think if you were to hear the whole album you would see that we aren't just a Meshuggah clone.
    Maybe consider posting a few clips that highlight these other aspects? Im not in anyway trying to call you a rip off or put your band down but from the clips I heard the influence is coming through STRONG. I would definitely be interested in hearing more.

All drums are Drumkit From Hell Superior (after many many days of tweaking).
    I must have been having a huge mind fart earlier. I kept thinking, these drum sounds are great they really do sound like Meshuggah's kit haha. Not that it takes away from the production quality but I definitely should have caught that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireneck
    Maybe consider posting a few clips that highlight these other aspects? Im not in anyway trying to call you a rip off or put your band down but from the clips I heard the influence is coming through STRONG. I would definitely be interested in hearing more.

I must have been having a huge mind fart earlier. I kept thinking, these drum sounds are great they really do sound like Meshuggah's kit haha. Not that it takes away from the production quality but I definitely should have caught that.
    I'll be working on some new samples tomorrow. Maybe try and showcase some of the variety a bit. I'll keep you posted.

DFHS is godly! It's very coincidental that they happen to be Tomas' actual drums too. Had I not have ever heard of Meshuggah, I would have bought this sample set hands down anyway. It's basically what I have been dreaming of in a "drum machine" since about 15 years ago when I started programming beats on a Sound Blaster Pro 8 bit soundcard.

In other news, Human Antidote was played on the radio here locally tonight. Pretty exciting! I made an mp3 of the segment and put it up on the Tandjent site. www.tandjent.com

Thread Information