Talkin' Smack (Updated Yet Again)

Robertt8

Talkin' Smack Updated Yet Again

http://bob.birdsallinteractive.com/
Song Name: Talkin_Smack_3.mp3

Sorry to be bombarding you guys with yet another version, but here it is if you're interested. I've completely re-recorded did away with some compression on certain things and changed the arrangement a bit, but now I think I may need to go back in and compress the guitars so I can turn the whole mix up more.

Let me know what you think...is it better than the 1st and 2nd? it should be smoother, but probably not as "loud".

Thanks!

I only heard the first version. Didn't get a chance to check out the second.

To be honest, I liked the first one a bit more!

This one is distorting on my computer speakers....like there's too much bass or something. It might just be the MP3 file and not your actual recording.

The vocal is definitely more upfront on this one, which is nice.

It's a good, catchy song. Try not to drive yourself crazy with all the re-makes. Take it from one who knows! :)

hmmm....you're kidding me?!

it plays fine on my stereo at home and through the headphones on my computer here...if anything there should be less distortion. I don't get it. anyone else getting this off the new one?

and ya, I know what you mean about retakes. I can absolutely kill myself and the tune with that crap. sometimes it's best to just let that bastard be.

thanks!

Frustration here! My home computer speakers are much better, so I'm trying to listen from here. Unfortunately, my Internet connection isn't cooperating, and I can't get to your site! I'll try again a little later.

By the way, I listened to the original "Smack" this evening, on my ride home from the train station. Had it cranked up loud, and it sounded good!

Got it working, but sorry to report that I'm still getting distortion in the low end. Probably a problem with the MP3 rather than your mix (I think I might've said that earlier!).

Bob OC

Sounds good here, no distortion on my end. Good catchy song, I like this stuff. Reminds me of Jack Johnson. Very cool stuff. Are those real bongos? I thought I might have heard a couple very brief timing issues,or maybe it's just me. Don't drive yourself nuts with the retakes. This is very good.

Twist

Don't hate me, but I just wanted to give this stupid song ONE LAST tweak and I compressed the guitars a bit and I think have a more complete sound now. Now I've got the very first one I did up there along with the last one I slapped together last night. The only real issue I've got with the new song is (now that I've boosted the guitars) I can hear a bleed through from my headphones with a metronome track on the quite guitar parts...damn! Oh well. I won't subject you guys to little tweaks to this song in the future.

Last time...I promise!

http://bob.birdsallinteractive.com/
SONG: TALKIN' SMACK (1 & 4)

Let me know if you're getting any distortion still...

BobOC: As usual, thanks for the feedback! I hope this mix takes care of the distortion. I think I had one guitar jammed too far over into one speaker making it peak on playback...especially with any added EQ...or maybe it is the Bass if it's still doing it. I recorded it with the tone up more and that might be doing it.

Twist: Thanks for the kind words! I actually love Jack Johnson's stuff myself. It surprised me the first time I heard it, a couple years ago, how much it sounded like some of my stuff...maybe there is a market for my kind of music...

Back