Talkin' Smack

Robertt8

Okay, I've updated the tune "Talking Smack"...check out the 2nd one at...

http://bob.birdsallinteractive.com/

I've added some bass, but I think I might have over done it. Also, does my voice sound a little lound and too harsh? I freakin' can't tell anymore. I also added some drumming about half way through, but it kind of gets lost (do i need it?). I need to work on it more and clean it up.

So (to anyone who heard the first one) which one has a better sound?

Thanks

I didn't listen to the first version, but dug the second. Reminds me of Sublime. I could totally imagine ol' Brad singing this tune. Cool.

Whoa....that's loud.

Fun listen. Vocal seems a bit up front but it sounds good. Might be able to sit back in the mix a little.

Everything else sounds pretty good to me. Nice work.

mbuster: Thanks for the positive feedback! I personally don't hear the resemblance, but I dig Sublime, and any comparison to sublime and Brad (for that matter) is a good comparison to me!

Jagular: What exactly was loud? The recording? I did use compression. Do you think I over compressed it? I actually re-recorded this song last night and just need to transfer it over to the computer. Hopefully it still has the same spunk (so to speak).

Robertt8 said:
Jagular: What exactly was loud? The recording? I did use compression. Do you think I over compressed it? I actually re-recorded this song last night and just need to transfer it over to the computer. Hopefully it still has the same spunk (so to speak).

When it came on it was very loud compared to the last song I listened to. I don't know now in retrospect if your song was loud or the other one before it soft. I don't recall an over compressed squashed sound. I'll have another listen tonight just to make my thoughts a little clearer :D

yeah, push the vocal back a bit.....

and pan those percussion parts out a bit...they seem right on the vocal....and raise their volume a tad....

good stuff.....i can hear this on the radio if it were fleshed out a bit........

MIKE

Jagular: Ya, let me know what you think about the compression. I didn't use much.

Gidge: I'm going to try and mix the new re-recorded tune tonight and post it up again. For some reason, I'm always afraid to over pan things, but I guess that just makes it kind of flat. Thanks for the complement! I few other people said they could hear this on the radio too. I'm not sure what type of radio station would play that kind of stuff though...

Just out of curiosity...how would you classify my music? or at least this tune?

Thanks guys!

Just gave another listen. It's not a whole lot louder than some other songs I have loaded up on winamp. Was just my first impression. I think maybe because the vocal is so up front and gets in your face right from the get-go. :D

vox do sound harsh and crisppy to these ears. I think a reasonable amount of "harsh" is perfect, effect wise. for the tune ( a damn good tune btw) but, this is verging on red line abuse.

Peace,
Theron.

Back