Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Tale of the Hooded Rider

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Coast of Florida
    Age
    66
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    1248982
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Some new elements add to this song. Listen for the dog barking at 3:54. That's the best part.


    http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/view...?trackid=66541
    Last edited by Xeries; 08-12-2008 at 16:22.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Answering the Dinner Bell...
    Posts
    33,820
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474884
    I love the flute!!! That gives it such a mysterious element...

    The back vox jump out way too much Xeries....as I had told you before, I think your voice is perfect on this song without a need for any other voice than your own...except maybe some far away, surround-sound oooos and aaahhhhs and ghostly echoes of what you sing...but its your song.

    I think if you would just soften her parts, it would really help bring the mellow intensity back into the song.

    By the way..I still love this song. It is a tale that pleases the ears.

    And I have not listened to the song in depth as it is now, enough to really comment on anything else..but I'll give it a listen when I get back home from work.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Coast of Florida
    Age
    66
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    1248982
    Quote Originally Posted by true-eurt View Post
    I love the flute!!! That gives it such a mysterious element...

    The back vox jump out way too much Xeries....as I had told you before, I think your voice is perfect on this song without a need for any other voice than your own...except maybe some far away, surround-sound oooos and aaahhhhs and ghostly echoes of what you sing...but its your song.

    I think if you would just soften her parts, it would really help bring the mellow intensity back into the song.

    By the way..I still love this song. It is a tale that pleases the ears.

    And I have not listened to the song in depth as it is now, enough to really comment on anything else..but I'll give it a listen when I get back home from work.
    Thanks very much, True. I will take your advice to the next mix.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Statesvegas, NC
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    854567
    Normally not my cup o' joe, but this really hit the spot for me. The flute is very timely. Vocals are just right for the tune. Not even timing issues with the dog. One thing..is that hiss or an effect..almost like a rain effect. Maybe my crappy spaeakers are done. Great tune, very enjoyable.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Inches Beach, Puerto Rico
    Age
    40
    Posts
    503
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    540400
    Great work, buddy! I have the other song mixed. I will send it to you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard face
    Posts
    11,571
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 184 Times in 175 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474861
    All this tallk of hooded rider and flute had me think this was about an uncircumcised/condom wearing Don Juan type.
    Thankfully my flight of fantasy is neither a reflection of my psyche or the song.
    Yeah BVox too loud.
    Is this the one you posted as all male parts (there I go again) originally? I REALLY enjoyed that version.
    This is really good too - just tame the girlie.
    Hmm, I just heard what Riff was referring to. It seems to be part of one of the synth pads - if it is it could use tweaking.
    Very good song.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    How did I get HERE?
    Age
    53
    Posts
    11,374
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    19286566
    This reminds me of Gordon Lightfoot. Very laid back and serene. Nice job.

    +1 for the flute...
    Instead of a Do Not Disturb Sign, I need one that says "Already Disturbed. Proceed With Caution".

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    the eye of satan's butthole
    Posts
    36,068
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 557 Times in 500 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Sounds pretty good. Pretty dense sound. Are the vox leaning a little left on purpose? The woman backing vox jumps out a little too much. Other than that, it's pretty good. It's a nice tale, but it's a bit long and repetitive.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Coast of Florida
    Age
    66
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    1248982
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffmaster View Post
    Normally not my cup o' joe, but this really hit the spot for me. The flute is very timely. Vocals are just right for the tune. Not even timing issues with the dog. One thing..is that hiss or an effect..almost like a rain effect. Maybe my crappy spaeakers are done. Great tune, very enjoyable.
    Thanks for the heads up on the hiss, Riff. Turns out the "dream vox" I had in the background was hissing so I cut the 12K about 5dB and that calmed things down. Much better now, thanks to your ears.

    I get to mixing so much that my ears are toast.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Coast of Florida
    Age
    66
    Posts
    787
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    1248982
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_L View Post
    Sounds pretty good. Pretty dense sound. Are the vox leaning a little left on purpose? The woman backing vox jumps out a little too much. Other than that, it's pretty good. It's a nice tale, but it's a bit long and repetitive.
    Thanks Greg, I tried to center the lead vocal. It's recorded in stereo with two condenser mics, so it's pretty much where I'm standing at the time. I know that sounds lame, but I like the depth of field I get that way. I should put an X on the floor and always stand there or something.

    I softened the woman backing vox and hopefully it sits in the mix better.

    As far as being long, yeah, all my songs are too long to be commercial. I've got to quit that shit.

    Thanks for the spin

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Low Low Rider
    By rushfan33 in forum MP3 Mixing Clinic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-20-2002, 13:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •