"Taken" with Pedullist on the bass

fprod south-
But you forgot to take out the trash, didn't you?
You know I did.... (PS- she's doing very very well. I'm feeling like much progress will be made after last night's visit... :) )

_ronin75_- Thanks for checkin' this out. As for pitch, I think I've come a long way in the last year. Recording has done good things for me in so many ways. Cheers!

Guernica- If it's a thought from you, it's worth printing. And that's my bass line dammit. Don't you read? But Tjarko plays it much better than my keyboard does! :) (Hope you get that new amp soon....looking forward to a new tune. Been quite some time...)

Pedullist- I know... I'm just flinging the tasteless overseas jokes to you a lot lately. Feel free to fire some back at me. :)

PS. I HAVE BOX OF NEW TUBES FOR MY MARSHALL ON MY DESK! WOOOHOOOOO. (Hope they help... :eek: :rolleyes: )

Hey, don't blame the keyboard...it's you touching it that spoils it all, Tom. You change chocolate into turds all the time man. I already regret asking you for a guitar solo. It's gonna be the usual midrangy twiddly diddly 'look-at-me-I'm-such-a-good-guitarist-but-please-don't-compare-me-to-David-Gilmour' nonsense...ugh, it already makes me sick. :)

You want another tasteless joke from the other end of the pond? Eeeeeeh....ah, mya I've got one.

Tell me, how's your keyboard at a capella Tom Waits covers?

LOL

:D

PS. I HAVE BOX OF NEW TUBES FOR MY MARSHALL ON MY DESK! WOOOHOOOOO. (Hope they help... :eek: :rolleyes: ) [/B]

They're not gonna help sitting on the desk. Put those suckers in that Marshall and crank that master volume!
(I'm gonna shut up now because I should be doing the same :D)

SLuiCe said:

Guernica- If it's a thought from you, it's worth printing. And that's my bass line dammit. Don't you read? But Tjarko plays it much better than my keyboard does! :) (Hope you get that new amp soon....looking forward to a new tune. Been quite some time...)

QUOTE]

..................................oh....

.....Well then fuck that guy damnit:D "Your" bassline kicks ass. Whatdoya need that foreign bastard for anyway... ...:D :p ;)

btw: Im in the process of changing recorders. ...lotsa Manuals and lotsa reading. ...gonna take me a bit to get back up to speed. (....speed..... thassfunny, back to recording a tune every 3 or 4 months:rolleyes: :D ......:( )

Just finished doing a few test tracks. Master on 9, pre on 5.5. Huge improvement already. Much more like what I had in mind! Pedullist (who for the record does not, by any means, suck... ) did some bass for "Anxiety" so I might start with that to experiment with the "new sound."

Seriously dude, I did forget the trash. I actually reminded myself on the world wide web, and still frigging forgot. I suck.

oh, just missed ya mike. What's the new recorder? Very curious what your up to with all these upgrades...

wow! I didn't think it was going to sound as different as it does.. quite sick indeed.. I can't judge the levels on these speakers but I like what I'm hearing.. I'll hit this tomorrow when I can crank it..

WTF....can someone try and tell me what fucking genre of music this would fit into.

....Sounds like Korn playing the Polka in Spanish Harlem!....

Interesting and creative for sure! Thanks for the listen.

Winston

Guernica said:
Whatdoya need that foreign bastard for anyway... ...:D :p ;)

Actually....for 4 notes: the famous 'bar 65 thingy' LOL :)

So Tom, please give me credit for ' fret & finger noise' and ' 4 notes' ... :D

And for the record, you don't suck either. Wanna have dinner with me?

Sluice-
Did you get your new tubes yet? Put em in? Any difference? Better, worse, not noticible, suddenly sounds fantesticle?
If thats a big improvement, I would grab up a RETURNABLE Seymour Duncan or EMG pickup (some hot ones with lotsa of stick-it-in-my-ass-uncle-tubedude) and see how that does ya.
I would presonally opt for some really hot passives though, if it came down to it. My Seymours are pretty damn nice, though not the hottest they have a great dirty tone.
Get some you can return and try em out. Hell, with new tubes and new pickups and some crunch, you might just find yourself inspired :)

I got a Rocky Horror Picture Show vibe from the intro fellas.... :)

very cool....acoustic guit gets buried a bit at times but, I like the excitement of the arrangement...super good playing...

Good stuff guys,
Joe

Still using an SB card nowadays Ped ??

couldnt help it just had to stick it to those tone purists :)

guess its not allways the gear that make good tracks

nice playing

as usual :)

what is there to say? sounds perfect to me.

i'm convinced though that the c3 is a very different mic than the c1 cause all the recordings i hear with the C3 sound much better than the C1 for some reason. Of course the user is probably about 85% of the reason so.......what i'm trying to say is that i really like the vocal sound you're getting from that mic......and your voice of course.

'cane begging god for a new baby brother' not sure if i mentioned it before but that's a great line!

_ronin75_ said:
Still using an SB card nowadays Ped ??

couldnt help it just had to stick it to those tone purists :)

guess its not allways the gear that make good tracks

nice playing

as usual :)

Hahaha, yep you're right: my fretted Pedulla bass through a Bass Pod :eek: .......drum roll.......to a Behringer mixer :eek: :eek: :D (doing nothing but routing my guitar and bass pod signals to one stereo signal, I'm just lazy to switch cables all the time plus it wears out the jacks....so the mixer functions as switchbox) and straight to a SB Audigy :eek: :eek: :eek: (which is still on my replacement list, btw)

In a way, I'm a tone purist too of course. But I choose to care more about the tone I'm making with my fingers than 'the tone' of my equipment. To give you an example of how anally retentive I am concerning these matters (haha, you're not asking for it, but my mind is wandering....as usual :) ): I still HATE the way I played the line at 1:45. I played it too weakly and with too much flesh, and as a result the tone of the bass is blurred and the resonance is fucked. I'm still thinking about retracking for Tom, but if he doesn't mind I'm OK with it.

Anyway, I digress....eh.........thanks _ronin75_!

Back