Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Taken" with Pedullist on the bass

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Yeah, this could definitely fit right into Nightmare Before Christmas.... now that I've made that connection I'm hearing it in all your stuff.

I could use a little more bass definition on this one. I want more volume on what Pedullist is playing and I want a little less mud so I can really hear it clearly.

Did you re-track some vox on this, or am I remembering wrong?

Chris

Thanks
    Twist- Thanks brotha!

Emerica- Thanks to you too!

Toki- Good deal.. Glad it sounds good. The acoustic part is a lot of fun to play, especially in the middle. Lots of finger spreading and neat little accents. Pedullists bass sounds is really good IMO. I just boosted a little 125 to fatten it a bit. He played a really tight part.

groucho- you're hearing mud, eh? Hmmm...I'll see if I hear it on other systems. Could be that 2dB boost at 125Hz. Sounds pretty clear on the monitors, but they can be deceiving too.
    I re-tracked one 2 second vocal line that had a pop in it. And I added a light harmony in the chorus. Everything else was just remixed. As for Nightmare, etc... My shit has been called Pink Floyd, Tool, Tull, Tom Waits, and about 100 other artists (literally) since I started posting. Some threads I get 5 or 6 completely different genres of bands thrown at me. My girlfriend says it's just what people do and not to worry about it. I can't tell if you liked this or not, but thanks for taking the time either way. I'll definitely look into the bass definition issue. Thanks a lot Chris.

Thanks
    Heh, I was kinda distracted while I wrote those last comments (I'm mixing one of mine right now) so I forgot to mention

I LOVE THIS FUCKING SONG!

(okay, now do you know how I feel about it?)

And re: the inevitable comparisons to others, etc. I don't think you need to worry about not having your own sound. I hear other people in yer stuff, but you always sound like you. The thing is, I listen to so much music that I hear someone else in nearly everybody. But there's nothing wrong with that - we're all drinking from the same cup, more or less.

What matters is how you spit it back.

Chris

Thanks
    haha! clever.

Or as my old singer once said, no one works out of a vacuum.

Thanks
    Very interesting and progressive song. The song was tight. I didnt care for the rim shot sound. I thought the acoustic gtr got buried in the mix at times but not to noticable. Picky I know cause I cant find much wrong. Some great playing and singing all the way around.
    Myx
    If it works, don't fix it...

Thanks
    the acoustic tone on this one really does it for me on this one........amazing

nice fat bass tone......it gives good room to the guits while still being a key factor..............

great vocals!

Thanks

Thumbs up

I've been comparing this one to your last one for a little while now. I like the bass in this one far better than the other...way more feeling..thinking a little more "presence" wouldn't hurt though. The acoustic sounded a shade better in your first mix to me..in the intro especially. Did you use the same verb's and effects on this one? All in all though this is a killer tune, and Ped even made it sound better.

David

Thanks

Thumbs up

Absolutely great!!

Playing tune the whole thing.

Stellar recording too!!

GT

Thanks
    Sluice,

I like this a lot. Great piece of work. I think Groucho was on to something there. Danny Elfman is one of my favorite songwriters and very underappreciated for it. I think I hear the influence. No Oingo Boingo for you? Just curious.

Justin

Thanks
    Damn good tune and recording. Hat's off to you both, Sluice & Ped! Nice performances.

Love the sound of the mix.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by B.SABBATH
    you erased the acapella thread?!! ------> I totally knew you were gonna do that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hah! Sluice, as in the pm I sent ya. Confidence! Hope you put that back up and keep expanding your horizons.

~scott

Thread Information