Take Me

SuaveRecords

Ninja kick the dam rabbit
PLEASE GIVE YOUR INPUT

ok, so , im wrote a song and i did a rough idea of the mix. very acoustic. im not sure what els it might need to fill out the mix/ stereo filed. im thinking drums. im not sure. ne way. the song is written, the only thing left to do is figure out how im gunna mix this and see what els i might want to add to beef it up. i posted this before but it got deleted and it is currently in the "SongWritting" section. but its not getting views, and my question isnt about song writing lol. so im re posting.
P.S the guitar and everything will all be redone in the final version. that's why im asking now what needs to change. so i can make the proper changes as i go. and ill do a better solo using a real amp for the electric.
http://www.reverbnation.com/chrisreid

:NOTE: this is just the rough idea. the second vers will be sung by a girl and the chorus will have female harmony. also, the vocal section after the bridge will be one male and one female voice. (you'll know what i mean when yo hear it) its a call and response kinda thing. and i hope adding the female voice (and maybe drums halfway threw) will make it a bit less repetitive... ne way, this is my rough idea for it. id like input on what els should be there to fill it out, if something needs to change and if so what. thanks alot guys

Last edited:
I would cut the 2nd half of the intro out unless you're going to do something with it; it's not really too long at 17 seconds...it's just unnecessary in the repeat.

Drums should come in after "not tonight, no not tonight..." That'd be sweet.

The autotune is just a little heavy in spots, but overall, I like the vocal treatment quite a bit. Actually, I think it's your voice that I like.

The acoustic guitar is too loud for the first half of the song, and it may be a touch too bright throughout...it's a nice sound, but it's walking on the vocal a bit.

I like the electric parts that come in later.

Good luck with whatever you do man.

[edit] Reading that, it sounds like I'm being really negative; that wasn't my intention. It's very good. Just nit picking because that's what we do.

thanks a lot chris. i WANT people to rip it apart and tell me what to fix or add. means a lot that you took the time. thanks man. ill keep all this in mind
P.S. the guitar is WAY to bright lol. i knew that right away. but thats just me over doing teh exciter hahaha i have a heavy ear when i add effects, im trying to wrk on that tho :P
thanks agian

if any one els has any input, feel free, ill take everything i can get

I can definitely hear some drums and bass for this. I would not use whole notes much, if at all for the bass. You need to do some more to bring the chorus out somehow. Perhaps, that's where the bass could come in. You could also maybe add a violin or cello with ease to something like this... just throwing some ideas out there.

Back