Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Synthwave rock epic

Thanks

Synthwave rock epic

Sign in to disable this ad
    Long, evolving synth rock track. Looking for general impressions and/or mix feedback. Special thanks to anyone that listens the full 6+ minutes.

Thanks
    Very nice guitar work and mix. I did keep expecting an octave jump. Enjoyed it. mark

Thanks
    I really like the guitar tones and playing , well done. Synth sounds nice as well. The mix is solid.
    As the song progresses the Guitar picks up in energy and intensity but the drums do not
    And to me it takes away from the dynamics and energy your building along the way.
    Overall very cool and I enjoyed the playing!.......Ray

Thanks
    Enjoyed the track!

For my dollar, I'd like to hear the voice a little more clearly--things seem all central and with a lot of mid range. You might consider carving out a little room for the voice by panning something a little more.

Good work.
    I'm only competing with the person I was yesterday.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skwee View Post
    Enjoyed the track!

For my dollar, I'd like to hear the voice a little more clearly--things seem all central and with a lot of mid range. You might consider carving out a little room for the voice by panning something a little more.

Good work.
    Thanks. Which vocal line are you referring to specifically?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicLover View Post
    I really like the guitar tones and playing , well done. Synth sounds nice as well. The mix is solid.
    As the song progresses the Guitar picks up in energy and intensity but the drums do not
    And to me it takes away from the dynamics and energy your building along the way.
    Thanks. Yes, very true observation. I did throw in some toms and cymbal crashes for the builds - but yeah the kick/snare marches along steadily, which I kind of prefer actually. A steady marching beat with the variation outsourced to the other instruments was my intent - but maybe I should do some snare fills...hmm...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LogicLover View Post
    That's largely my take. It doesn't seem to really go anywhere. The synths start at 8 and stay there. The drums start at 4 and stay there. The guitar starts at 7 and goes up to 9.

Mix-wise, your vox are a little sibilant. "Something inSide you. it's hard to exSplain"

Thanks
    I enjoyed this - sounded great production wise. it could be a synthwave thing but i was expecting more variance in the drum pattern. Edit: I see others have picked on the same thing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VomitHatSteve View Post
    That's largely my take. It doesn't seem to really go anywhere. The synths start at 8 and stay there. The drums start at 4 and stay there. The guitar starts at 7 and goes up to 9.

Mix-wise, your vox are a little sibilant. "Something inSide you. it's hard to exSplain"
    Thanks, all true observations - yeah it's intended to have a kind of jam-like, cinematic quality. But hey I think the synths at least build from 8 to 9 when the Vangelis strings hit on the final third of the track!

Quote Originally Posted by frank1985 View Post
    I enjoyed this - sounded great production wise. it could be a synthwave thing but i was expecting more variance in the drum pattern. Edit: I see others have picked on the same thing
    Yes, believe it or not, a bold steady beat is actually a Synthwave thing. But I layered some toms and cymbal crashes to add at least some semblance of variation. I guess they didn't make much impact for you.

Thanks
    Howdy: I was referring to the words coming in around 3:50 and in the 5th minute. You know, I changed headphones that are a little more flat in response and the lyrics were clearer.
    I'm only competing with the person I was yesterday.

Thread Information