Synthwave rock epic

I really like the guitar tones and playing , well done. Synth sounds nice as well. The mix is solid.
As the song progresses the Guitar picks up in energy and intensity but the drums do not
And to me it takes away from the dynamics and energy your building along the way.
Overall very cool and I enjoyed the playing!.......Ray

Enjoyed the track!

For my dollar, I'd like to hear the voice a little more clearly--things seem all central and with a lot of mid range. You might consider carving out a little room for the voice by panning something a little more.

Good work.

Enjoyed the track!

For my dollar, I'd like to hear the voice a little more clearly--things seem all central and with a lot of mid range. You might consider carving out a little room for the voice by panning something a little more.

Good work.

Thanks. Which vocal line are you referring to specifically?

I really like the guitar tones and playing , well done. Synth sounds nice as well. The mix is solid.
As the song progresses the Guitar picks up in energy and intensity but the drums do not
And to me it takes away from the dynamics and energy your building along the way.

Thanks. Yes, very true observation. I did throw in some toms and cymbal crashes for the builds - but yeah the kick/snare marches along steadily, which I kind of prefer actually. A steady marching beat with the variation outsourced to the other instruments was my intent - but maybe I should do some snare fills...hmm...

That's largely my take. It doesn't seem to really go anywhere. The synths start at 8 and stay there. The drums start at 4 and stay there. The guitar starts at 7 and goes up to 9.

Mix-wise, your vox are a little sibilant. "Something inSide you. it's hard to exSplain"

I enjoyed this - sounded great production wise. it could be a synthwave thing but i was expecting more variance in the drum pattern. Edit: I see others have picked on the same thing

That's largely my take. It doesn't seem to really go anywhere. The synths start at 8 and stay there. The drums start at 4 and stay there. The guitar starts at 7 and goes up to 9.

Mix-wise, your vox are a little sibilant. "Something inSide you. it's hard to exSplain"

Thanks, all true observations - yeah it's intended to have a kind of jam-like, cinematic quality. But hey I think the synths at least build from 8 to 9 when the Vangelis strings hit on the final third of the track!

I enjoyed this - sounded great production wise. it could be a synthwave thing but i was expecting more variance in the drum pattern. Edit: I see others have picked on the same thing

Yes, believe it or not, a bold steady beat is actually a Synthwave thing. But I layered some toms and cymbal crashes to add at least some semblance of variation. I guess they didn't make much impact for you.

Howdy: I was referring to the words coming in around 3:50 and in the 5th minute. You know, I changed headphones that are a little more flat in response and the lyrics were clearer.

Mix wise; overall good balance. Maybe a slightly brittle high end at times but, this being quite synth laden, it could be artistic choice. My ears didn't struggle hard to pick out anything. I second the thought that the vocals could benefit from some light de-essing. Mostly during layered parts. But it's minor.
Mastering wise; No signs of compression abuse or pumping, Strong but not over loud. Translated well from my monitors to headphones. Good mono compatibility.
As a composition; A great motif but, as others have said, it doesn't seem to go anywhere. To me, it felt like a really long outro to a really good song that I missed out on. Overall, good work. Keep it up.

Mix wise; overall good balance. Maybe a slightly brittle high end at times but, this being quite synth laden, it could be artistic choice. My ears didn't struggle hard to pick out anything. I second the thought that the vocals could benefit from some light de-essing. Mostly during layered parts. But it's minor.
Mastering wise; No signs of compression abuse or pumping, Strong but not over loud. Translated well from my monitors to headphones. Good mono compatibility.
As a composition; A great motif but, as others have said, it doesn't seem to go anywhere. To me, it felt like a really long outro to a really good song that I missed out on. Overall, good work. Keep it up.

Thanks for the in-depth listen Steve. I am definitely gonna duck the vocal to fix the de-essing - great call. Structurally the song doesn't go anywhere except for a gradual crescendo of sound toward the end. The guitar and vocals join in with soaring strings. It's meant to be a kind of big cinematic jam. A futuristic take on Floyd or Phish, or hell even Santana. Does anyone see that or am I off base here?

I agree
over all this track is awesome would eb even better if you variate the drums a bit

Back