Swingin' ....appreciate any mix observations

Yep pretty well done I'd say. On headphones the snare pokes out, which is good, but the rest of the kit sounds quiet in comparison. My only other thought was it might be interesting to hear a heavier less chorusy guitar at around 2.00 and again at 4.30. Otherwise great clarity and separation on all the instruments. Cool tune

Thanks BH, ..did some tweaking on the drums as well as that chorus guitar. Thats an old track with fx baked in, so im a limited for options. At some point i would like to replace that canned sounding git with a better alt. Still need to get a solo in there at some point. Also tamed some errant bg vocs.

Cool. Nice job. I agree with the snare comment.

Great vocal . Good voice you got, or whoever is singing. I do think some de-ssing could make it better.

In the chorus you lose some of the vocal . Seems to wash out a bit.
Whe the first chorus was coming I expected it to punch up a bit, and it didn't. So the song's build and energy level dropped for me.

This all may be production comments, but just listening in my phone those are my observations.

Cool. Nice job. I agree with the snare comment.

Great vocal . Good voice you got, or whoever is singing. I do think some de-ssing could make it better.

In the chorus you lose some of the vocal . Seems to wash out a bit.
Whe the first chorus was coming I expected it to punch up a bit, and it didn't. So the song's build and energy level dropped for me.

This all may be production comments, but just listening in my phone those are my observations.
I hear what youre saying regarding the size of the chorus. The heavier/chorus gits there were supposed to provide some size, but theyre really canned and small sounding. Im hoping that a lively amped tone will bring that up. I will take another look at the vocal level there as well. thanks!

The acoustic guitars in the intro are a little bright for me. After the intro they fit in to the mix better.

Vocal sounds excellent.

Bass sounds excellent.

Maybe raise the low harmony level a bit?

Electric guitars sound great.

I can't think of any way to improve, to me it sounds fantastic.
Reminds me very much of Incubus.
Good job.

Just off a very quick listen with ear pods..so not so scientific. But it occurred to me that a good A/B for this mix would be ‘Nothing Else Matters’ by Metallica. And indeed the current mix balance comparison sounds quite similar so good job! Perhaps a hair more bite needed on the vocal? 2/3k?

Back