Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Addiction - Feedback Please

Thanks

Sweet Addiction - Feedback Please

Sign in to disable this ad
    Here's a newer tune that I just finished working on. It's another one that I added Mike's bass to and mixed down. I used the advice from the previous mix on this, so I'm hoping it worked out, balance and tone wise.

Here's the link to the song page.

Sweet Addiction

Any comments, opinions, feedback on anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Damn can't listen now, but I will tomorrow. Always enjoy your tunes.

Thanks
    I can't really comment on the mix because I listening on cheap speakers, but I like the song. It has a cool vibe and the lyrics are good too.

Thanks
    Another spacious production...you're good at that

Everything's tight and I personally like the vocals quite a bit. I didn't understand a single word of about the first two lines, the rest I heard. But the vox have a nice quality...the tone or the space or reverb or something. Quite good I thought.
    I really...really...REALLY have no idea what I'm talking about...AT ALL.

vadoom is offline ай!! арбуз такой дурак!
    Thanks
    Try to bring up the power guitar up and do a bit more stereo expansion. I think that might widen up the music a bit...

vadoom is offline ай!! арбуз такой дурак!
    Thanks
    Actually listening through a second time I think I hear two power guitars in the back ground one panned a bit left and other a bit right - unless you had some cool rolling pan effect (but I think I hear two guitars playing). The solo guitar was a third guitar mostly centered.

In this case bring all three guitars up a bit, expand stereo on the two power guitars in the background, and make the solo guitar yet a tad louder during solo and bring it down when voice comes back (will give more room for voice). A bit of ambiance on solo guitar wont hurt. Leave bass as it is.

Vocal is awesome! Be careful not to overdo bringing volume up a bit and definitely go easy on stereo expansion (easy to overdo and make sound more wishy-washy).

Just my two cents...

Great tune!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patlang12 View Post
    I can't really comment on the mix because I listening on cheap speakers, but I like the song. It has a cool vibe and the lyrics are good too.
    Thanks patlang - A good vibe is a good thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Allen View Post
    Another spacious production...you're good at that

Everything's tight and I personally like the vocals quite a bit. I didn't understand a single word of about the first two lines, the rest I heard. But the vox have a nice quality...the tone or the space or reverb or something. Quite good I thought.
    Thanks Mr Allen - The vocals are recorded through an NTK mic, mixed down with some reverb from my PCM80. Those are two of the best investments I think I've made...
    Quote Originally Posted by vadoom View Post
    Actually listening through a second time I think I hear two power guitars in the back ground one panned a bit left and other a bit right - unless you had some cool rolling pan effect (but I think I hear two guitars playing). The solo guitar was a third guitar mostly centered.
    In this case bring all three guitars up a bit, expand stereo on the two power guitars in the background, and make the solo guitar yet a tad louder during solo and bring it down when voice comes back (will give more room for voice). A bit of ambiance on solo guitar wont hurt. Leave bass as it is.
    Vocal is awesome! Be careful not to overdo bringing volume up a bit and definitely go easy on stereo expansion (easy to overdo and make sound more wishy-washy).
    Just my two cents...
    Great tune!!
    Thanks vadoom - good suggestions which I will play around with. And you are 100% correct - two guitars panned L/R and solo up the middle....

Thanks
    Nice job on the vocals...done well. For this type of tune, they seem to sit fine on my end. Good overall mix. Maybe bring teh solo up a hair...it sits well, but could probably be slightly louder, like the vox.
    Honey Badger is badass...he don't give a shit.

Thanks
    Good tune!

I really enjoyed listening to it!

About the only thing that bugged me about the production was the sound of the drums being a little too obvious that this was a drum machine. A snappier snare would help.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ido1957 View Post
    Here's a newer tune that I just finished working on. It's another one that I added Mike's bass to and mixed down. I used the advice from the previous mix on this, so I'm hoping it worked out, balance and tone wise.

Here's the link to the song page.

Sweet Addiction

Any comments, opinions, feedback on anything would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Gerry, I always love listening to your tunes. This is another tune that fits so well amongst your arsenal of tunes.
    The mix sounds a little muddy overall to me. I would like to hear a little more mids and highs in the rhythm guitars to add some liveliness. I would like to hear more separation on the guitars, maybe try panning the two rhythm guitars hard left and hard right, I find this really widens/broadens the sound. The snare would sound great with a little more crack, perhaps a slight boost in the high-mids by a few db's.
    The lead guitar needs some more attack to lift the solo up where I would like to hear it.

The song structure and subject is so "ala ido1957".....I love it.

Overall again Gerry, great medium paced mellow-rock tunage that just needs a little lift in the mids-highs here and there!
    This is just my honest opinion Gerry!

Great stuff! Thanx for sharing!

Gorty

Thread Information