a swampy rock tune.... "Bat's Brew"

recorded very nicely. A good 'wind in your sails mate!
I loved that long tight vamp at the end. It just kept gettin meaner and tighter. You got a small dropout in the guitar mixes in the mid bridge. The left guitar seems to fall off and then comes back in on the next measure, but the tune is really good man.

thanks for listening !

analytical man-
thanks for the analytical post! LOL
i need analytical, believe me.....
that lead tone was a mesa boogie mark2b running almost wide open..... through a pair of 1x12 celestions.... and a Carvin dc-200........and a bit of a roland DS-1 pedal.....

toki987-
that vamp at the end is my favorite part.... it kinda just took shape... i knew i wanted to break it down, but it didn't really happen til i just started playing, and then it was like "voila".....
you are correct about the mix issues..... this was one of my earliest digital mixes, and it's funny how certain things you learn in analog don't really transcribe into digital techniques as directly as you would think......
this is probably just a mix error on my part.....or maybe i really played it that way.... hmm.....
now you've got me thinking... i'll go back and check that out closer...... thanks!!

Killer song dude... As usual your guitar playing kicks ass...

Guitar tone is excellent.... Is that you singing too?

Very nice man.... I like your style...

Is that right, 39kbps?

Hmmm....

kelly5150-
glad you like it.... and yeah, that's me singin'....
hollerin', is more like it....

39kbps??
well, it was originally sampled for VBR, so that's probably 390kbps, or you streamed it....
don't stream it, streaming sucks..... download it and burn it!

GT-
thanks for listening..... it was a fun one to play.
it's about my favorite hot sauce........
:D

Ok, I downloaded it, it plays at VBR 222kbps....

Whats your guitar chain?... What guitar and effects do you use, not sure if I asked you this before or not....

:)

One of the best guitar sounds I've heard in home recording. Kiss-ass tune as well man, great job.

HEY KELLY!

yeah, that vbr thing... i think it sounds better than a fixed rate, for mp3 anyway... but the file size is a bit bigger....

guitar chain....
hm..... i have detailed notes on file at work.. but by memory...
the guitars (2) are either a Carvin DC-200, or a Williams custom strat-hybrid...
guitars are run straight into a 1981 mesa boogie mark 2b, 60W, into a pair of 1X12 cabs with 30 watt celestions, one is miced with a 57, close miced, with a bit of angle on the mic.....
they are recorded dry, and a little delay is put on on mixdown.
on the solo tracks, i push the guitar with a Boss DS-1 pedal.
and that's it!

Lynx-
thanks for the compliment.....the guitar sound was the easiest part of the whole mix! (figures......)

it's true.....

seems the cleanest and most straightforward signal path always provides the best sound....
at least with electric guitar....

cool thing is, because it's electric, you can set up a thousand variations to get so many sounds.....

but for pure miced guitar sounds, simpler is better.

Hey, who's this guy?.....hehe

lg-115980.jpg

:p

wow,

killer guitar dude!!! nice powerful vocal to. I'm impressed! I might have to start playing even more now because of you! thanks alot man LOL.

baba

thanks baba!

yeah, play more!
i'm only here to please!

LOL

(by the way, you're last name's not o'reilly, is it?)

;)

no, sadly I was not blessed with o'reilly as a last name, I was raised by mountain gorillas and named after the sounds I uttered as an infant, example: baba, dada, mama, wah.. wah, etc. Being the kind and simple creatues that they were, they went with my first words, baba...thats it...really!

Back