Surfing Song...

Robertt8

Well, I've got a new one...sort of (it's one that's been sitting around for a while, but never really mixed). I guess it would be a B-side if I ever had an A-side. It's kind of a fun little song about an nice day, going to the beach and having a surf. It's not perfect. The voice is a little buried, it's not that tight, and I've got a simple little drum loop...(now that I've talked it up...). But there's something about it I kind of dig.

SONG TITLE: Surf Song
AT: http://bob.birdsallinteractive.com/

Let me know what you think...Enjoy!

Is there some kind of delay on the vox? Something's really throwing me off on it.

Really cute song though.

<-- pictures self relaxing on beach

Stine

Hey man, I`m impressed. This is the cleanest I`ve heard so far of you stuff. THe vox in the first verse is down too much but it starts to come out as you "let go" a little more. The arrangement is very tight. Singing is tight. The bass line is very good, needs to be a little louder. Sounds kinda like a jamacian street band sorta. I`d like to hear some simple Island drums in it, and pick that flute up some more. yeah! good stuff! really man!! :)

I liked this a lot. Sounds kinda' squished/maximized/limited/pinnedtothefreakin'roof lol...but not bad.

Four letter words make all songs better. :D

Seriously, great song...and it sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on the mix.

Thanks for posting.

kcbluegal:Nope, there's no delay on the vocals...actually, no effects anywhere besides compression (as chrisharris pointed out). I've got some layered vocals that aren't really on here and there. That's probably what you're hearing.

Toki987: This is the cleanest you've heard from me?! huh....could be i guess. I've kind of considered this tune to be pretty messy actually. i didn't dump in too much time on this, so it was pretty much one track after another with little to no re-dos. I don't actually have a flute in this tune. I'm not exactly sure what you're hearing...it must be the guitars I guess. Thanks for the comments!

Chrisharris: Thanks for the kind words. But you're right...there's not a tone of dynamics in this song, and over-compressing it doesn't help. I really dig hearing a some swearing in tunes. It gives it a bit more "reality". I've always liked Elliott Smith for that. Thanks!

Robertt8 said:

. I don't actually have a flute in this tune. I'm not exactly sure what you're hearing...it must be the guitars I guess. Thanks for the comments!

I was hearing something in the last section of the song, some notes trying to come through, I thought it was a keyboard patch or something, possibly something I was thinking of hearing. I was really tired when I heard it. I`ll listen again tonite and post more precisely. :)

Thanks. Well let me know, because if there's some kind of ghost playing a flute in my appartment, I'll have to have a word with the local priest.

Robertt8 said:
Thanks. Well let me know, because if there's some kind of ghost playing a flute in my appartment, I'll have to have a word with the local priest.

hehehe, it was some notes I was hearing on the guitar, why I noticed them, I dont know, but it was a cool tune in any case.

Back