Superabound Parturient Euphony

Hey guys, could I get some feedback on this metal song I recorded? I used a Jackson Warrior with a Boss MT-2 pedal. I think the recording quality is kind of poor... not sure. Any type of critiques would be awesome! Thanks.

You have by far the coolest site I have seen yet to date! I am an instant fan!!!!!

WOW!!!! Blown away---

I dont do tec advise----

Cleaner? Just turn the distortion down.

Most metal guitars are overdriven - not really distorted. Crunchy - not fuzzy...

Assuming that this is direct, an amp would help also... Most cabinets won't reproduce too much of the 12-15kHz that you're getting here.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Thanks for the reply. I actually have a Randall Warhead amp, that I decided to try to record with with, but I think it was too powerful for my sound card and killed it. Is that possible? Everything coming in through my sound card input is muffled and strange now.

Sounds like one of the worst possible settings on the POD!
At least with the POD, I don't have to annoy my neighbors.

You still haven't described your signal path from amp to soundcard. What does it look like physically/schematically?

Lots of funky combos that are clearly very different.

Like:

Line out jack on amp to Line in jack on soundcard.

The above thru some cluster of plug adapters. :)

Mic on the amp fed to the mic in of your soundcard. YUKK!

Mic on the amp fed to a pre-amp. Line out of the pre-amp to the soundcard.

slayerment said:
Does anyone have a recommendation on how I could make this sound cleaner? Thanks :).
Yeah...less is more on the distortion front when you're looking for a heavy sound. Think about it...if "more distortion" was the key, then everybody would just line up about twelve tubescreamers end on end...

Turn the distortion down, and get a few mids back in the guitars...sounds weird, but they'll sound heavier.

Oh, and using bass and drums won't hurt, lol.

For this recording I had it going out of my guitar to my Metal Zone and then to the Line In on my Audigy sound card.

And now just a few days ago, I tried going out of my 300W Warhead amp to the Line In on my soundcard and I think I fried it.

"And now just a few days ago, I tried going out of my 300W Warhead amp to the Line In on my soundcard and I think I fried it."

HOLY SHIT, please tell me that you didn't hook one of the speaker outs of your amp into the soundcard? If you did, I can assure you that its fried.
I know loads of metal players live by that Boss pedal but I also know that plenty of recording engineers cringe when they see a guitar player hook one up. The pedal itself isn't that bad but the fact that it offers a more detailed eq style than most distortion pedals is where the problem lies. Most players completely scoop the mids, boost the bass, and boost all the super high highs.
Just out of curiousity, whats wrong with the warhead distortion? Ive never played one but anything that Dime helped design and uses cant be that bad?

No, the Warhead sounds awesome. It has less distortion and just more power. But how would I hook this to my soundcard so that it doesn't kill my next one? ;) :(

Back