super scary, super sexy, super synthy new wave crazies

jfox

super scary, super sexy, super synthy new wave crazies. my father liked this song, maybe yours will too. help me my friends, you are my only hope.

Lots of synth in it, alright.

The mix sounds pretty good to me.
I cranked it nice and loud and when that long bass run came in I had to turn it down.

My dad's dead.
He wouldn't of like it. Probably why he's dead. He didn't like my sound either.

More less just replying, jfox.
The recordings I've done doesn't give me any credentuals for critquing.

What synth do you use?
What did you record it on?

badgas said:
I cranked it nice and loud and when that long bass run came in I had to turn it down.

Same here.. that bass synth stuff seems a bit loud.. I like some of these sounds and the general feel of this tune..

Maybe got a little repetitive, but I did like the tune.. 5 minutes seems like a long time for a song like this.. It might have more impact if it was a bit shorter maybe.. cool song!

75% New Order, 25% NIN

Or maybe 20% NIN, 5% Sonic Youth...

Pretty cool songwriting, man... Some performance issues... or maybe it's just the quantization? Certain notes seem out of time... Nice sounds; wish I could think/perform this creatively w/my synth :(

I'd like something other than the AM Radio vox thru-out--maybe use it in every OTHER verse, and go somewhere else with another effect the other times...

4 out of 5 -- and I didn't even survey any dentists :D

(uh.... forgive me, younger ones, if that reference goes over anyone's head :D)

Chad

gear for song

old pc, event gina i/o box, cubase vst 5, strat, p-bass, alesis qs8, juno 106, halion vsti, some mics, some drums and stuff

i've recently started recording on mac, with a motu 828.

Back