The Sun Lies - alternative pop - comments/feedback welcome

How did I miss this one?

Another good tune. I'm not gonna offer any mix critigue because once again I have nothing useful or beneficial to add.

Sounds good to me. At this point in the game, I don't think you should worry about the perfection of your mixes, but hiw to get your tunes out there. Like I've said before both in public and private, you have good songs,

Sure we can always get a better mix, and this place is invaluable for that. But unless your personal goal is to be an engineer, i wouldnt worry so much about that aspect. I'd be working to market, network, put together a band, maybe do a youtube channel and do some good videos.

To the music loving public, they just hear the song, not all the finer points of mixing.

I guess im trying to say that we in this tiny community are not your audience, the listeners are.

But by all means continue to share with us.
:D

To the music loving public, they just hear the song, not all the finer points of mixing

I am working on other things, although I have to admit that:

1. Its really hard doing all the writing, vocal studying, mixing, AND promoting. On top of full time work and, until a few months ago, full time school. I'm just saying that a full-time band has people devoted to booking gigs or trying to make contacts, but without a solid mix, no one is going to care or listen.

2. I'm terrible at promoting myself. The worst. I hate performing live. Songwriting I enjoy, and I would love others to use the tracks, but unless it's a few people with some drinks and covers, I just do not and have never enjoyed playing originals for others. Writing them, yes. Playing them, no. Couldn't tell you why...but it just doesn't do anything for me.

So thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I don't intend to use the clinic as an audience, like you wrote, just for honest feedback on how my tracks are coming along. Its possible that songwriting/producing might entail some mixing...so there is a benefit to all this.

I'm just saying the stuff is good and it should be out in the world, that's all.
By all means hone your craft.

I'm just saying the stuff is good and it should be out in the world, that's all.
By all means hone your craft.

I'll say this to you for a second time...I think you missed the PM I sent you in between the history lesson and the reference track conversation. I pm'd you about this exact thing. :)

Thank you though. I am working on it. There's more than HR and Soundcloud- I'm trying. Thnx

It's a nice performance all around.
The only thing I'd nitpick is the vocal sounds a bit nasal on my system. The suggestion to try miking it off axis is a good one. Also I think angling the mic downward might pick up more "chest voice". Some of that could be the mic itself, too.

oops, missed this one. Yeah, I'm not happy with the vocals either - they were really hard to mix. I'm just not getting a good raw sound out of my mic. My room, mic placement and positioning need work and tinkering. I'm kind of setting it up and just singing directly into it from 6" on softer parts to 1.5' on louder parts. But I think I need to mess with angles and height for the mic. thnx dude

Another good one....really good. I like the way the song "breaks down" on the outro....very fitting to the song. Vocals are really good as usual, and the mix stands on its own. Perhaps you "fixed" whatever your concerns were in the mix, but as of today, I don't hear anything wrong. I think this may be our best song yet....keep writing 'em!

Another good one....really good. I like the way the song "breaks down" on the outro....very fitting to the song. Vocals are really good as usual, and the mix stands on its own. Perhaps you "fixed" whatever your concerns were in the mix, but as of today, I don't hear anything wrong. I think this may be our best song yet....keep writing 'em!

no, no fixes were made. it's the original mix. thank you though, much appreciated. (though def things that need to be fixed). thnx

Back