suggestions?

giraffe

i love negative rep
here are two different songs i finished recently

tangos-cabo verde
i should have gotten a better kick sound, and thare are no hi freq in the bass
my fault
what i'd like sugestions on the most is, how do you seperate this much percussion? the way i have it, it's all hitting in the same spot....
you'll see what i mean
please, genral comments as well.

break-cardboard bomb shelter (my band)
i'm the second "singer" (notice quotes) you'll hear
not so many specific problems here, or atleast none i'll point out
just what do you think?

sorry 128kbps :(

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/cardboardbombsheltermusic.htm

one more thing

tangos was recorded live with everyone in the living room except the guitar, he was in a bedroom.

thanx again

The claps are weak, I would take them out. If anything do a group of claps in unison on evryother downbeat. They just smear the rythym track around.

Fun song...I am liking it. The clarinet is a bit loud...I would pull it back a tiny bit. The guitars in general could come up, then maybe the clarinet would fit better. I would like to hear a version with just the congas. I can hear some good stuff going on but it's hard to know what to cut without being able to mute tracks here.

The rythm is not in need of seperation but I honestly think you are trying to do too much with it as far as intracy goes. Keep it simpler and it will translate a lot better.

Find the core 4 tracks and emphasize tham, THEN bring other sounds and try to be objective about whether they are really adding or not to the feel of the track.

Smokin tune though, fun listen.

giraffe said:
anyone????
Calm down, if you slip off the page then you may want to bump...hehe, people get so worked up.

"man, I posted that like an hour ago...why do they HATE me??"

Hehe...

the "claps" are an instrument called the cohoon (spelling?) it's a wooden box played like a drum
the real bitch is thare's a low end to it, about in the same place as the kick, that you can't hear.
i agree about the guitar, but not so much on the clari.
lets try this,
what besides the clari would you say is too loud?
thank you by the way

Look, I am not pulling your leg here. The main problem is that the rythym is very busy and not all of it is in time. It needs to be whittled down a bit.

I'll let others have a whack at it. That's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

The first tune is not my normal style of listening fair, But I like it. for whatever reason I always like the sound of a clarinet. I don't think it's too loud.

I like the percussion you've got going but once it all kicks in you just lose some of it. So maybe backing off on some it would help.

Whoever's playing that flamenco guitar...wow...that sh*t sounds good.

I like the second tune alot...I wasn't sure what I was getting into as it transitioned through the sections, but the more I heard the more I like it, and the break at 3:22 with the acoustic is cool as hell.

I think the song is recorded excellent - where was it done? did you do track and mix it?

the first song was tracked in the clari players home (you should hear some of the tracks, the bleed is horrofic) and mixed in my garage

the second song was tracked and mixed in my garage.
i joke that i have the best sounding garage in nc ;)
thanks by the way, i'm very happy with that song (break).

Back