"A Study On The Demise Of Deer In My Woods"

queepy

aka Variaxman
Decided to try something a little different from the wack-ass 70's covers Ive been doing lately...this one features the acoustic guitar models of my variax, with virtual open tunings set up in the Line 6 Workbench program...on this 1st mixdown, I'm not to happy with the guitar tone for the acoustics, they seem to lack depth...have not really eq'd them much yet, and it may just be the fact that they are not really acoustic guitars :p...thought I would post it up here for some feedback while I give my ears a break.

Streaming:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6767701&q=hi

I agree the vocals have too much reverb/delay and seem detached from the mix. The guitars are a little light but they have a good sound for being a variax - maybe not acoustic pure, but a good sound... This reminds me of someone/something but I can't remember who/what...Catchy tune though, I like the writing on this one....is it original?

Well I'm off to the bank so I'll try and recall as I walk there...

Interesting song. I agree that the reverb on the vox could stand to be scaled back, at least during the verses. It sounds pretty cool in the chorus.

It sounded like you were having trouble finding the notes with the vocals a lot of the time.

The drums and guitars sounded good.

There's something of the Floyd in this... I think it's the vocal. I'd agree with toning down the reverb on the vocal. I'd like to hear a comparison with a real acoustic guitar if that was possible. Or even just change the part to a cleanish electric sound??

The drums might be a little too loud for me.
Great drone/sustain on the bass but it may be muddying things just a little.
I bought an octave pedal so I could achieve similar almost sub bass stuff but rarely use it as I can't mix it in well.
Is this your tune?
The Variaxe acoustic is an interesting compromise -it almost works - maybe mic the 12th fret for some additional scratch rattle in future?
Nice work Variqueepyman. I'm quite used to your vocal style.
When can I get my hands on the complete Tuna Cock story????

The drums might be a little too loud for me.
Great drone/sustain on the bass but it may be muddying things just a little.
I bought an octave pedal so I could achieve similar almost sub bass stuff but rarely use it as I can't mix it in well.
Is this your tune?
The Variaxe acoustic is an interesting compromise -it almost works - maybe mic the 12th fret for some additional scratch rattle in future?
Nice work Variqueepyman. I'm quite used to your vocal style.
When can I get my hands on the complete Tuna Cock story????

I agree with this. The bass is pretty powerful in this one and creates a lot of low end energy. I like the guitar sound. No, it doesn't sound exactly like a real acoustic, but it sounds good on it's own. Drums are a little loud. I can't decide if I like the super-wet vocals or not. Part of me says hell yeah, and part of me says nah. If it were someone else I'd say hell no, but it's kind of your style and I'm used to it. :D

Almost sounds like a lot of DI'd acoustics I've heard before. Not bad, just different.

Cool song as always, dude. Keep 'em coming!

Cool...

The vocal style reminds me of Gnome War...I too am very used to your vocal processing and find that this recording resembles your others in this respect. The wetness of the vocals does seem to be a common theme throughout the feedback you get though.

I like the guitar sound for this...different, but cool. A fun listen. Thanks for sharing!

Back