Stranded

Chili

Site Moderator
Please have a listen and tell me what you think. Feedback is welcome; good, bad or ugly.

At 6 minutes in length, I know it's a little long, so I'm thinking of cutting out the bridge and shortening the intro.

The song is called Stranded and it is of country flavor.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=741321 [Edit: First link didn't work - try this one]

Thanks much,
Dave

Last edited:
Hey Chili.....:D

Nice combination of instruments throughout, rhythm guitars, piano?, lead.... The mix seems pretty good - lots of clarity on the individual parts. Good use of panning and eq. I wonder if the lead part in the middle could be a bit more upfront - although the reverb is nice - maybe more volume? The bass is very quiet, but not badly so. Vocals are smooth and sit really well in the mix - what kind of mic/signal chain are you using?

:):D:):D

Yeah man, I don't know how I missed this. Sometimes posting a thread at the wrong time will make it sink to page 2 before anyone's even had to time to ignore it. :D

I love the textures and the melody of this. Sidestick sounds good and just the right volume. Good vocals, too. The mix sounds dense but not cluttered. Good stuff, Chili. You doing everything yourslef on this?

Last edited:
Thanks Ido and Rami. I appreciate the feedback. Should I be changing anything to make it better? I get the feeling it's on the verge of being muddy sometimes. Different ears, helps. I'll bring the guitar part out a little more. I always feel like I have trouble finding the right balance with the bass. Maybe bring it up a little (?)

Yeah, I did it myself. I just do this as a hobby, for fun. The mic chain is an SP C1 through a berry mic pre (I know, I know, but at the time I bought it, I didn't know :rolleyes: ) then into my firewire mixer. The drums are ezdrummer. The guitar runs through an RP150 and my keyboard covers everything else. This way, I can do all my stuff late at night without waking the family.

Cheers,

I think the mix is very well balanced. Definitely bring up the bass and kick to flavor. Very nice panning. The VoX sound nice, maybe bring up the mid-highs in them.

the electric riff is awesome. nice work.

Hey aerospace. Yeah, I have to go back and revisit this song. I've been busy with everything else. Thanks for listening and for the feedback.
Cheers,

Just had another enjoyable listen to this....
Is it Caribbean or Caribbean????:confused::confused::):)

:D:):D:):D

Hey Ido, you're too cool. Thanks a lot. I made it a free download, if you'd like. Been to your page also and thoroughly enjoyed it, especially Sweet Love.

I just posted another song if you're interested. I might put a link up here in HR to get some feedback, but I'm afraid everyone might comment on my singing for this one. It really didn't come out too well. :o But if you'd like to give a listen, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

EXCELLENT INTRO.
Well texured/layed arrangement.
Good playing throughout.
I'd add some more reverb to the lead licks that decorate the song.
The rim shots are nice.
My only crit would be that it's truley pleasant - the song needs a bit of bite somewhere to match the theme - be it a bit more agressive in some of the licks or an edge of bitterness in the vocal delivery, even a weary spoken passage.
The solo is really, really good - but it also dreamy nice - maybe if the verb or effect morphed into a bit of distortion or aggro as it tails out?
Top job though. I'd lsiten again, happily.

Thank you very much rayc. I appreciate your comments. You're not the first to note the mismatch between music and words, but there's a story behind the song and the person I had in mind was like that. Laid back and just let it happen. His wife, on the other hand, wasn't quite so, but I didn't write the song about her.

What would you think about a little bit of distortion on guitars during the bridge??

Cheers,

Yeah, a bit of bit on the solo might work well. You'd have to ease off on the current effect a bit though.
Interesting story behind the song!

Back