Stones cover..."Dandelion"

3 o' c... what?

Good to see a tune posted, Rami. Missed seeing your thoughts around these parts too.

I must say that this is a Stones song that I am not familiar with, but I am digging it.

I always like your drums sounds, but I am particularly enjoying them on this track. I'm just getting a great sense of punch and depth from them.

Not hearing anything subjective or objective that I'd change if this was in front of me.

Ace job, my man. Sounds great all around.

Hi, RAMI. Welcome back! :) I don't know this song either. Everything sounds good, lovely weight to the kick drum and snap to the snare. Harmonies are great.

As Kindafishy alluded to, I'm not hearing the "L" syllable in the "one o'clock, two o'clock, three o'clock" line. :o

3 o' c... what?

Good to see a tune posted, Rami. Missed seeing your thoughts around these parts too.

I must say that this is a Stones song that I am not familiar with, but I am digging it.

I always like your drums sounds, but I am particularly enjoying them on this track. I'm just getting a great sense of punch and depth from them.

Not hearing anything subjective or objective that I'd change if this was in front of me.

Ace job, my man. Sounds great all around.

Hi, RAMI. Welcome back! :) I don't know this song either. Everything sounds good, lovely weight to the kick drum and snap to the snare. Harmonies are great.

As Kindafishy alluded to, I'm not hearing the "L" syllable in the "one o'clock, two o'clock, three o'clock" line. :o

HAHA! Really? No, "L" changes everything! I didn't notice. I'll have to go back and listen to it. That's funny. :D

Thanx for the comments, guys. This is an earlier Stones tune, during their more "Psychedelic" era, with Brian Jones.

Bubba never heard Dandelion - WTF? lol From back when you could throw a blanket over the Stones, Beatles and Beach Boys. They diverged soon enough. Nice version.

Good to see you RAM-dog.

I like the vocals. Harmonies are nice as always.

Drums sound terrific, except the snare. It's not that it's bad, I'm just not feeling power from it. It's a bit weak. Nothing horrible tho.

I like the bass. Nice tone and it's sitting at a good level.

The clean rhythm guitars sound nice. I'd like some sort of crunch guitar sound. Like something playing slow-stummed chords. Sort of as a pad instrument. I think I've heard this song once or twice, so you might be recreating it pretty much accurately. I'm just wanting to hear a crunch guitar to fill things in.

Just suggestions. It sounds great as it is.

Bubba never heard Dandelion - WTF? lol From back when you could throw a blanket over the Stones, Beatles and Beach Boys. They diverged soon enough. Nice version.
Yeah, the Stones were pretty Beatlish for a while there.

Good to see you RAM-dog.

I like the vocals. Harmonies are nice as always.

Drums sound terrific, except the snare. It's not that it's bad, I'm just not feeling power from it. It's a bit weak. Nothing horrible tho.

I like the bass. Nice tone and it's sitting at a good level.

The clean rhythm guitars sound nice. I'd like some sort of crunch guitar sound. Like something playing slow-stummed chords. Sort of as a pad instrument. I think I've heard this song once or twice, so you might be recreating it pretty much accurately. I'm just wanting to hear a crunch guitar to fill things in.

Just suggestions. It sounds great as it is.
You know, for some reason that snare sounds distant or lacking something. Luckily, I went with it only because it's at least as in your face as the original, considering when the original was done. But it wasn't deliberate in my case. Sometimes gremlins crawl into the studio and you all of a sudden get a different sound from something you just recorded less than 24 hours ago and didn't change a thing. It's as if my gear knew I was recording a song from 1965 and decided to go wimpy on me. :D Anyway, I agree with you on the snare.

I was tempted to "heavy" it up and add some crunchy guitars, like you say. But I restrained myself and kept it closer to the original. This is all clean guitars. I almost went with your idea, but I decided to keep the guitars clean.

Thanx for the listen, bro. :cool:

I was sure I had this on the only Stones record I have - an old greatest hits compilation from forever ago... and I do! :thumbs up:

I can't play it as it's on vinyl, but I did vaguely remember how it goes. Look at the font on this... has to be from the 70s!

DandyLion.jpg

Hey RAMI - welcome back dude - wasn't sure we were going to be seeing you again.:thumbs up:

Nice track - I see what the others are saying with the 3 o'cock thing.. :)

This is just at question - at 2.02, 2.07, 2.11 behind the guitar solo, are you doing something in particular? I can hear this sort of unexpected sound - could just be the ring of a drum or something, it's not a problem, I'm just curious. And are you playing that repeating descending figure at the end on guitar, or is it a keyboard?

Good work, as always, and good to see you back too.

I was sure I had this on the only Stones record I have - an old greatest hits compilation from forever ago... and I do! :thumbs up:

I can't play it as it's on vinyl, but I did vaguely remember how it goes. Look at the font on this... has to be from the 70s!
That's too cool. Must be from the early 70's for sure.:cool:

This is just at question - at 2.02, 2.07, 2.11 behind the guitar solo, are you doing something in particular? I can hear this sort of unexpected sound - could just be the ring of a drum or something, it's not a problem, I'm just curious.
Hehe....That' me screaming the first 2 times, the third one is an "AYAYAYAYAYA" kind of thing. Jagger does the same thing, but ony one scream on the original. I was screwing around and just left them all in. :D

And are you playing that repeating descending figure at the end on guitar, or is it a keyboard?
That's all guitar. There's only guitars in this tune, no keyboard.

Thanx for the listen, Armi, I know how you feel about covers. :D

Stones psych was pretty light weight stuff.
this is a perfect slice of pop-psych though.
Really well done RAMI.
I have nothing to offer except praise.

I don't have any suggestions. I'm just enjoying the tune. I'm familiar with it. Fantastic vocal harmonies and you sound like Mick on the lead. Killer drums...performance and tone...as always.
awesome recording Rami!

Stones psych was pretty light weight stuff.
this is a perfect slice of pop-psych though.
Really well done RAMI.
I have nothing to offer except praise.

What he said.

I don't have any suggestions. I'm just enjoying the tune. I'm familiar with it. Fantastic vocal harmonies and you sound like Mick on the lead. Killer drums...performance and tone...as always.
awesome recording Rami!
Thanx so much, guys. Yeah, as was mentioned, I think the Stones (everyone really) were pretty much the "Beatles-lite" until they killed Brian. :eek:.

Holy crap that was good man!! I haven't heard that song in decades. I'm old enough to remember the original. Listen.........you nailed it because you stayed true to how it was originally played and produced back then...............and I wouldn't change a thing. You got the bass level and sound just right and I think the snare is true to the song too. Great Stones cover. Thanks for posting that one Rami.

Holy crap that was good man!! I haven't heard that song in decades. I'm old enough to remember the original. Listen.........you nailed it because you stayed true to how it was originally played and produced back then...............and I wouldn't change a thing. You got the bass level and sound just right and I think the snare is true to the song too. Great Stones cover. Thanks for posting that one Rami.
Thanx a lot, Mickster. Yeah, believe me, it took a lot of will power to NOT heavy it up a bit. It took everything I had to stay with all clean guitars. Thanx dude.

Last edited:
Back