Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stones cover..."Dandelion"

RAMI Guest

Stones cover..."Dandelion"

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey!

I got about 4 or 5 new tunes to post. I figure I'll start easy with a cover.

Dandelion by the Stones.

DANDELION (Stones cover)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RAMI For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    3 o' c... what?

Good to see a tune posted, Rami. Missed seeing your thoughts around these parts too.

I must say that this is a Stones song that I am not familiar with, but I am digging it.

I always like your drums sounds, but I am particularly enjoying them on this track. I'm just getting a great sense of punch and depth from them.

Not hearing anything subjective or objective that I'd change if this was in front of me.

Ace job, my man. Sounds great all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMI View Post
    What can I say, I get a kick out of stupidity, so I have no problem entertaining myself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kindafishy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi, RAMI. Welcome back! I don't know this song either. Everything sounds good, lovely weight to the kick drum and snap to the snare. Harmonies are great.

As Kindafishy alluded to, I'm not hearing the "L" syllable in the "one o'clock, two o'clock, three o'clock" line.
    I've got two sheds, me. http://www.therecordingrebels.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubba po For This Useful Post:

RAMI Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
    3 o' c... what?

Good to see a tune posted, Rami. Missed seeing your thoughts around these parts too.

I must say that this is a Stones song that I am not familiar with, but I am digging it.

I always like your drums sounds, but I am particularly enjoying them on this track. I'm just getting a great sense of punch and depth from them.

Not hearing anything subjective or objective that I'd change if this was in front of me.

Ace job, my man. Sounds great all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba po View Post
    Hi, RAMI. Welcome back! I don't know this song either. Everything sounds good, lovely weight to the kick drum and snap to the snare. Harmonies are great.

As Kindafishy alluded to, I'm not hearing the "L" syllable in the "one o'clock, two o'clock, three o'clock" line.
    HAHA! Really? No, "L" changes everything! I didn't notice. I'll have to go back and listen to it. That's funny.

Thanx for the comments, guys. This is an earlier Stones tune, during their more "Psychedelic" era, with Brian Jones.

Thanks
    Hey fucker, welcome back.
    Why would you take my advice?? I don't even take my own advice.

RAMI Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RFR View Post
    Hey fucker, welcome back.
    Stalker!!!!!!

(I posted in the New Tone Thread, too. In case you want to welcome me there, too. )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMI View Post
    Stalker!!!!!!

(I posted in the New Tone Thread, too. In case you want to welcome me there, too. )
    No fucking way! two welcomes are enough, and one was accidental.
    Why would you take my advice?? I don't even take my own advice.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RFR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Bubba never heard Dandelion - WTF? lol From back when you could throw a blanket over the Stones, Beatles and Beach Boys. They diverged soon enough. Nice version.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky Blue Lou For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Good to see you RAM-dog.

I like the vocals. Harmonies are nice as always.

Drums sound terrific, except the snare. It's not that it's bad, I'm just not feeling power from it. It's a bit weak. Nothing horrible tho.

I like the bass. Nice tone and it's sitting at a good level.

The clean rhythm guitars sound nice. I'd like some sort of crunch guitar sound. Like something playing slow-stummed chords. Sort of as a pad instrument. I think I've heard this song once or twice, so you might be recreating it pretty much accurately. I'm just wanting to hear a crunch guitar to fill things in.

Just suggestions. It sounds great as it is.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleM For This Useful Post:

RAMI Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Lou View Post
    Bubba never heard Dandelion - WTF? lol From back when you could throw a blanket over the Stones, Beatles and Beach Boys. They diverged soon enough. Nice version.
    Yeah, the Stones were pretty Beatlish for a while there.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleM View Post
    Good to see you RAM-dog.

I like the vocals. Harmonies are nice as always.

Drums sound terrific, except the snare. It's not that it's bad, I'm just not feeling power from it. It's a bit weak. Nothing horrible tho.

I like the bass. Nice tone and it's sitting at a good level.

The clean rhythm guitars sound nice. I'd like some sort of crunch guitar sound. Like something playing slow-stummed chords. Sort of as a pad instrument. I think I've heard this song once or twice, so you might be recreating it pretty much accurately. I'm just wanting to hear a crunch guitar to fill things in.

Just suggestions. It sounds great as it is.
    You know, for some reason that snare sounds distant or lacking something. Luckily, I went with it only because it's at least as in your face as the original, considering when the original was done. But it wasn't deliberate in my case. Sometimes gremlins crawl into the studio and you all of a sudden get a different sound from something you just recorded less than 24 hours ago and didn't change a thing. It's as if my gear knew I was recording a song from 1965 and decided to go wimpy on me. Anyway, I agree with you on the snare.

I was tempted to "heavy" it up and add some crunchy guitars, like you say. But I restrained myself and kept it closer to the original. This is all clean guitars. I almost went with your idea, but I decided to keep the guitars clean.

Thanx for the listen, bro.

Thread Information