Stoned? Get stoned with this...

Definitely a "bud light" song (LOL). I like the vocal harmonies, they remind me of Pink Floyd. Good tune....
As far as the mix goes (just my .02 FWIW) maybe bring the vocals up, bass guitar down, bring in the rhythm guitar more center.

NIce work for an dday & arvo.
I agree with Ido - but would add that thedrums are REALLY up front but sit in the middle of the image - I reckon you need to pan them some more - even just trying to replicate a kit's spacing.
Kep at it - as the WHOLE thing works well & just needs tweaking.
Cheers
rayC

Very, very, very cool.

Really love the feel to this. Vocals are great--could be a tad louder in the mix.

The drums are a bit hazy, but I don't mind the 'mono-drum' recording--sounds like 60's drums.

I'm definetely feeling a bit stoned now that I listened to this--well, back to work!!!!

-Steve

Really great song

Nice voice and nice feel. i will goo along with the guys here and complain about the drums only, but that didnt afected the quality of this song! ;)
Its really good and beautiful :)

Thank you all for your kind words :)

I remixed, backing off the drums and bass about 4 db and taking some reverb off of the rhythm guitar. The vocals are up a bit now too. Sound better?

--Mike

As an Australian I can only assume the joke is in terms of putting on some head muisc & lighting up a few buds - sativa preflower buds that is - as against squaffing a couple of cans/bottles/tinnies/longnecks/schooners/midis/ponies/glasses of light beer.
Cheers
& don't feel too left out, it's a cultural thang.
Oh, the remix is ACE.
Cheers
rayC

mcolling said:
By the way, what is a "Bud Light song"? I'm British Columbian...

Bud Light - maybe I should have said light up some bud (rayc had it right!) . Anyway - the remix sounds better now - drums sit better, vocals easier to hear, touch less reverb. Good song Mike!

I like this very much. Reminds me of Portishead with good musicians.

The drummer did a really good job. Listen to much SpaceHog?

-Casey

Supercreep said:
I like this very much. Reminds me of Portishead with good musicians.

The drummer did a really good job. Listen to much SpaceHog?

-Casey
Never listened to SpaceHog, actually. That's funny that you mention the drum track because I was just thinking that I should have spent a few more takes getting it perfect.

Cheers!

Nice tune man. I have to take a side step and say I actually like the lazy drums. It seems to pull (not actually, but seems like it) the whole song. You could only get away with that on a slow tempo song, and you did it fine. Kudos to you!

Back