Star Diaries - Hollow Earth / Galactic Zoo

I hate to find a song that hasn't been commented on, sometimes I look for them because others may have missed it.

Nice heavy start to the song, but when the drums come in, they don't match up with what I expected - they need more meat to them
As the song proceeds, I'm not hearing it change up like I'd like, in fact it's like you're experimenting with effects at times
It could do with vocals, even sampled female vocalists singing angelic chords or a synth doing the same
So I'll stop there, I enjoyed what I heard but would have liked to hear a bit more change up in over 6 minutes of music

Ramon, sorry for the complaints but at least I liked the title!

Thanks for sharing,
Timbo

Nice heavy start to the song, but when the drums come in, they don't match up with what I expected - they need more meat to them
As the song proceeds, I'm not hearing it change up like I'd like, in fact it's like you're experimenting with effects at times
I feel that heavier drums wouldn't quite match what I was aiming for, which would be a softer - more ambient like mood. In the last half of the song the drums become much more versatile and playful - which wouldn't work with heavy drums at all.
But you're right, the heavy guitars may create a different expectation in the beginning.

It could do with vocals, even sampled female vocalists singing angelic chords or a synth doing the same
Some vox would be cool, or at least a melody line.
I am not a fan of vocals in ambient or EDM music, except if they are really different and zero cheesy. I get what you both mean but I don't feel that I can get hold of vocals that I would like, so I better don't ruin the song with stock samples, haha :)
A lead synth would be OK I guess.

Oh, and there's some sampled female voice near the end in case you missed it =)

Ramon, sorry for the complaints but at least I liked the title!
No worries, thank you both for listening :)

The guitar sound was cool.

The low end was dominated by the kick. If there is a bass guitar I can't make it out.

The reverb you picked worked well in a song like this.

I can tell it's some kind of virtual guitar, sounds industrial, I'll be honest I got too bored to listen to the whole track, I'd also prefer to hear a melody, sounds like an unfinished backing track.

Back