st

d/ling now... but in that one post I missed...didn't I respond about it in another thread...kinda like the two stones and one bird thingie:rolleyes:

I think you've visited everyone one of mine...that was nice:)

Trippy ride man.This is kickin on my little Teac speakers.The drums sound strong and the guitars are a wall of sound.Sounded kinda like Styx in the beginning but that didnt last for long.:D......Nice change around 1:47......dive bomb!:D Is that a whammy bar or a whammy pedal?

Good song sam.

phatt guitar ...
your gonna have to give me some tips.. pretty cool
I guess I'll just have to drown them in effects .. that sounds nice!
Kinda like a vai arrangement

:) beauty

I don't quite know what to say!!!!!!!!:mad: It's sammy music, but it's not a sammy mix!!!!!!:mad: this is puzzing me!!!!!!!

I shall return!!!!!!

I'm gonna rip this one to shreds. [note..you are on elevated standards]

This is more "modern" led zepplish' if you will, but the drums sound bad. The kick would sound fine if it was the only thing playing...like a nice sample with some ambience. But in the context of the mix, it is bad.

the intro piano comes in, gets drowned out..and the gtrs sound mushy [in comparision to your past stuff], and it is a WASH of sound, rather than a WALL of sound. What was the piano supposed to do? Set up a melody?, ..or just be an intro?. I think you are getting off on a tangent experimenting,(with recording styles, drum samples..so on) which is great, but the results are not as good [to me] as your "tried and true" methods of past.

harping on the drums, the reason I don't like them is because they are disjointed to the rest of the instruments, sonically. They are the only instrument with some obvious reverb on them (hardwood room sound). The playing (or sampled loops)is a little uninspired too. And I tire of the kick drum after a bit.

The mix is very mono-ish too, except for the snare which seems to have a quick 30ms delay on it, slapped over to the left side. But all the solos, gtrs...give the effect of slamming right up the middle.

Musically, kinda a string of ideas... that's ok..but an obvious ABCD kinda song form.

Ok...now that you have a new [provided] asshole, you can fart in my direction, because after all of this tripe, you played like a sonofabitch on this tunageij. Great thoughts, gtr work and musical ideas. Besides that, and the large amount of hiss at the end of the song... I don't know what a Zoid is.

seriously....very nice, above average...but as a track coach..."you can run faster than that"

Play around more with ACID, and shit like that. It'll only make you richer. ...because you will learn what works and what doesnt.

When you give the impression of "actual" (not sure how to phrase or say this, really...) playing...it shows. The musical performances in this were hard to grasp someone doing, for a lack of better words...even though SOMEONE had to do it!! I mean, even an ebow, you can visualize someone doing something. I had a hard time with this one. did this make sense.

psffft....psffft.... cuf, cuff...

I can't pick it out!!!!!! There is something different here, and it is driving me INSANE!!!!!!!!!! it's definitely BIGGER!!!!!! kick may be a little to BIG!!!!!!!! something with the stereo spread??

god this is HUGE!!!!!!!! in all aspect's. And what a JAM!!!!! LUVIN THE MUSIC!!!!!!!:mad: This is driving me nut's!!! I GIVE UP!

Just know this..............IT GOES TO 11!!!!!!!

Don't leave me hangin, bro!!!!!!:D

Thank's man!

Peace

Rick

Hey Sam,
I like the beginning "madness" alot. The big wash/wall of sound works for me. I thought the mix was articulate enough..... and all of that big fat shit was pretty damn clear. I like that big floppy kick in this..... I even like that panned snare. (although not so much when the straight guits kick in at 1:50....the snare also sounds too hot there, IMO). Lots of energy in this.... Im not sure where the hell youre gonna put the vocs:D .....but as always, I must request that you do:D :). Nice guits in this........ big fat meaty bastards!

g w/5

Is that kick on the left, and snare on the right or is my head just crooked from dealing with a 3-year-old all weekend? Maybe it was those monster trucks Sat. afternoon. They were pretty loud and I forgot my plugs.:D

You need to tighten those snare heads and loosen the strainer a bit.;)

I like the kickdrum.:)

The first part rocks. I could get into listening to that while tearing up a nice twisty road. The other parts are cool too (especially that slow, heavy swing part) but it's obvious you just kinda threw some ideas together. You could make several songs out of this.:)

I always like your slow parts the best....and those are always the parts everyone else would cut. :D LOL I guess I'm just weird.
The faster parts on this sound a little muddy to me. I'm not sure why.......it's that 'wall of guitars' sound that you've perfected but the guitars sound just a bit distant on this one for some reason......no idea why but that's how it sounds to me. I love that whammy pedal of yours....I've got to get one of those.

The snare is coming from right. Weird, and not exactly a good idea usually. Of course some may disagree. It just annoys me, I guess. I'm too standardized on these panning things. So, a synth solo. I can dig some synth soloing, since I can stomach those Dream Theater keyboard solos too :D Usually it's hard to find a decent keyboard sound that doesn't sound irritating. You seemed to find a halfway decent, and it's ok. The kick drum is a bit overpowering and it sounds to me like it's coming more on the left speaker. Maybe it was intentional. The rhythm guitar sound, in my opinion, is perfect. It's been that way for a while on your songs, so I wouldn't change that. Quite a selection of different moods and changes in a song. Sounds like a collection of ideas. They all sound good ideas, but the whole thing needs some things to connect the pieces. Maybe you weren't trying to do more than testing out ideas... Apart from the weird drum pannings, the mix is good. The keyboard-solo sound is so-so. I can live with it, but it's not awesome. But don't sweat. I've yet to hear a good sound that can be utilized in a fast keyboard solo without it sounding a bit funny/casio-like/awkward/strange.

great feedback, thanks!

I'll respond in detail tonight when I get in.. You guys have made me aware of so much, I had to take the song down and start redoing it.. I have some new ideas anyway..

thanks!

I took the song down for now..

lol... :D

I missed it too... What's up with that...? :p Everytime sam posts,.. before I get a chance to listen to it, he takes the song down for one reason or another... :p

(maybe it's a hint... ;) :D)

WATYF

mixmkr - thanks for that detailed response man.. I did quite a few things different with the drums.. I'm trying to hear what your saying, but I can't hear the drums as being any worse than ususal.. I'm redoing the whole thing right now, so I'll go back to my old processing methods, but it's going to be hard for me to make it sound better because I still don't fully understand why it sounds wrong now.. I guess it's the reverb because that's the main thing I did different other than limiting the life out of the whole mix.. Hopefully the redo will be better.. I think I overanalyzed the drums this time, so I will approach it normal now.. Just do them with less reverb.. I also gave the song real structure.. (if that's even possible for someone like me) I wonder if there was anything at all about this mix that was better.. I'm guessing no.. thanks mix! I'll probably start a new thread in a day or so..

Kramer - Boss PS-5 Pitch shifter pedal rules! :D Seriously dude, it makes it hard to tell that I was playing a Telecaster.. (Hamer tele with a Seymour Duncan hot rail) Thanks for checking in! When I think of Styx, the first thing that always comes to my mind is that AWESOME opening keyborad riff to 'Blue Collar Man'! :) I love that!

fenderlikingood - hey Rick, your ears are correct.. I did a lot of different things with this one.. Dude, in that 'other thread,' you were saying how your opinion doesn't mean shit etc., and this is another example of how I can prove otherwise.. When I hear you say that you don't know what it is, but something is different and 'not right,' it seriously got me thinking.. There were different opinions on the sound of this, and I'm going with the negative ones partly because of you.. So, thanks! I'm almost done with a new and different version, and I'll start a new thread in a day or two.. Some of the things I did different were using different reverbs and compression techniques.. I'm still experimenting, but if the new version sounds like shit, dont think twice about telling me.. thanks!!

JMarcomb - hey Jeff, if I could play like you, I wouldn't need half the effects! thanks for checking it out man!

W.I.S.C. - thanks again for the bowl! It's clogged solid again! :)

Guernica - hey Mike, dude, I listened closely to the part at 1:50 and I don't know how I let that through!!!!!! You were on the money with that comment.. I think what made the snare seem so loud there was the guitar sound completely changed to the ultra low, and I made the volume of them too low in the mix on that part.. I'm redoing it right now and will start a new thread in a day or so.. I think I'm slippin' bro! :D Please stay on me because I refuse to go down with a fight! :D -----------translation------ thanks G! I agree with all the negatives in this thread..

M.Brane - I completely redid the whole thing.. I agree with all the negatives man.. maybe you'll check out the new version.. I'm going to start a thread in a day or so... Not that anyone cares.. thanks for checking it out!

Lt. Bob - hey Lt.,you are right sir! I don't know what I was thinking, but I listened to it today and erased it.. I'm halfway through a new version.. I will definitely keep all these comments in mind.. I'm getting back down to the basics.. thanks Steve!

Cranky One - I screwed up on this one, but a new version is almost finished.. I agree with all the negatives.. should be more like a real song now.. I'm even beefing up the keyboard sound! Casio????? DAMN!!!!! :D thanks Crank!!!!!!!!!

Sluice - new version and thread in approx 48 hours..

WATYF - close call for me on this one! I managed to delete another one before you could nail me!!!:p

Everyone - the thread is dead and the song is gone.. Please let this thread r.i.p. because I'm going to post a new version in a day or two.. Any other comments could go through p.m.'s.. I appreciate the ears! I hope I can actually implement the suggestions.. Thanks again!!!!

Back