SRV acoustic NOT!!! string noise? tone?

drstawl, thanks for your input. Thats exactly why Im posting here! It seems that moving the mic back may help according to you and a few others. I will try that.

You are absolutely right about the beginning being the worst of the noise and it did get much more acceptable later on as I warmed up a bit.

I've been out of it for a week with a pinched nerve in the lower back so just being able to pick the guitar up and play anything was rewarding. Actually I picked something that I can play pretty well (normally) as I play it all the time for a kind of warm up and just for the pleasure of it. But the string noise when you slide seemed "exagerated" in overall volume.

Most of the flubs I can get out easy enough, Im sure, So Im not concerned about that, but the string noise and even the sound of an arped chord as you first make finger placement was audible. Was it to you? Or a pull off type sound when releasing something. Those notes aren't supposed to sound at all! this was a surpise to me. :eek:

I know that I'm not whats called a smooth clean player so I fully expect some noise but there are places that, to me at least, there were "solid notes" I didnt intend to sound coming out. And Im half deaf, see above.

The struggle Ive had with getting decent tone resembling the acoustic sound has been "Large" ,to say the least. So I dont want to give up too much of that tone. there is definitely going to be a compromise here.;) there have been so many already!

Hey, now Im writing a novel, another talent which is elusive to me.
Recording is such a difficult pleasure.
I hope its not as scary as when I first listened to myself sing on a recording. Who was that guy anyway:D with the constant 1/4 tone drift:eek:
peace
Bill

>I know that I'm not whats called a smooth clean player

Hey there!

My late Uncle Clay T. from Basstrop, LA the guy who got me started in guitar would never accept crap like that.

I'm not your uncle. I'm not your mom. You have to believe you can do better and do the work to achieve same.

From what I hear you are close enough to go that extra meter.

Back