Spooky Hardcore

antiporg

Hi all, I've been messing with these halloweeny/horror themed hardcore songs for a while, no vocals yet but wanted to get some feedback on overall mix/feel if anyone can? I've just mixed down the 5 songs to one file as that's how I recorded, the first song is about 6 mins 30, happy to hear feedback on just that one too!

Attachments

• all.mp3
    18 MB · Views: 30
I listened to the first track and like the overall vibe and atmospherics. I really love the sound of the distorted 5th chords that come in around 2:20 (what setup did you use?). Sounds a little mushy though around the 02:38 mark when the quick (doubletime?) drums come in. Perhaps the guitars which I think might be double tracked could be separated out a bit / tried out with some alternative chord inversions for some of the parts? I'm certainly no expert though so take this with a pinch of salt. Keep rocking!

Thanks for the feedback mate, I agree on the fast bit, the guitar sound I've used seems to result in quite a wooly sound whenever there's a part with fast open chords, the guitar is downtuned quite a bit too which I don't think helps. I'll have a mess round with it and see if I can improve it. I'm just using software (overloud th-u) for the sound as I have no good amps

Something about the bass isn't quite sitting right with me. There's not a lot of mid-range on it, so it's kind of sounding muddy, especially when the tempo picks up.

The snare sounds really bad when the tempo shift happens too. Do you have any humanization on the drums?

Overall, the structure of the song is good. Lots of interesting changes

Thanks mate, no to humanisation at the moment, ei try it out. I initially had less mid on the bass but it felt like it was getting lost, maybe if I take it out and reduce bass on other stuff

I think you have to be logged in to access Attached Files. Well, attached pic files, anyway.. I think.

Last edited:
I listened to the first track. The intro riff reminded me of TONs cover of Black Sabbath. The rain effect is maybe a little overused generally and here it goes on abit too long. Having said that, it does set the stage. The different parts sound good and segue well together. I like your guitar tones. Mix is good on headphones. Be interesting to hear vocals on this. It would suit a hammer horror bodice ripper type visual. Good job

Thanks Bulls hit, I'm waiting on some vocals (not my strength) and will post again, the horror vibe is exactly what I was trying to go for. Cheers man

Back