Spider-Man

Hey TripleM, fun song! The song and the vocal and guitar bits and everything sound authentically 60's, like it's an old umm, thinking, can't think of anything, you know those bands from the 60's! I hate to say this, but the drums kill it for me. The guitars kinda sound fuzzy, too, like they are from an amp simulator thing. Are they? The vocals are good, kinda far back, but sounds more 60's that way I guess, the melody gets a little relentless, weird chord in there, too, goes to a minor or something, sounds kinda funny I think.
Otherwise, a jammin tune!

Macle

This sounds like it's straight from the 60's, and that is a cool thing that isn't easy to do.. I'm hearing more mp3 artifacts than on the average tune posted.. I think it's helping to hurt the drums.. Nice guitar! The fuzz sound is perfect for this.. Vocals are dead on.. Maybe the vocal sound could be better, but I wouldn't know how..

Try this encoder http://www.mp3-converter.com/cdda_xtractor.htm download the Tractor.. The only setting you need to change from the default is, go to the 'Output options' and change it from Wave to 'Lame encoder DLL'

This will now encode the tune in VBR.. It will help the sound, and the file won't be too big.. Just a bit bigger than 128.. I put up both usually because VBR doesnt stream well.. I download everything anyway..

this is probably my favorite Triple tune I've heard.. Mainly because your vocals sound a little rougher (heavier) than normal in some spots, and the guitar is very cool..

Great singing,

Very fun sounding song, should've been in the movie!!

GT

Sound cool!
The vocals might be a little too loud - they make the guitar sound small but it's not small.
Geetar riff sounds like a fuzzy 60's flashback - Day Tripper/Satisfaction like.

I hear this song more in Austin Powers than Spiderman - I mean that in a good way.

great vox and backing vox. very cool song. I like the sound of the guitars. Odd and cool. :)

I agree with BS about the mp3 artifacts.

Good job, especially with the vocals.

Hey Trip,
....:D Cool little guit lick leading into the verse after the lead. Nice tune man.... ...a little beatles influence in there and some elo bg vocs... ..ya cant lose with that! It might be just a touch long. I do the same thing. Keeping pop like this at 3 min'ish is tough! How many tracks of vocals do you have going?
Nice work man! gw/5

Hey macle. Glad you liked the song. The drums are REALLY programmed. I don't like doing that stuff too much, so I don't spend enough time at it. I was half-hoping that someone will want to put down drums for this. That section goes from a D to a Dm. Originally went to a D7, but I liked the minor better. It's a real amp. Maybe a bit too much drive - a little too fuzzy.

Sam - glad you liked the sound. One thing about my sound that I really like is the vox. I noticed the aritfacts too. They're very apparant on the high-hat when the harmonies come in. I used LAME as the encoder. I'll see what it's like with VBR. I'd also like real drums.

GT - thanks for the listen and compliments. They're starting to film the sequel......... :D

fprod - I was hoping I didn't rip that guitar riff off. It's so simple I'd think there has to have been a song that used it. Like lots of people, I have a hard time sitting the vox just right. Usually I get them too low. It's actually good to hear that I set them too high (at least I know the right level is somewhere in the middle). Austin Powers? Yeah baby.

Meshugga - thanks for the compliments. Yeah, don't know what to do about the aritfacts. When LAME lets you down, where do you go?

G-man - the lick was just a last minute songwriting thing. But I liked it. Never thought of the ELO similarities, but you're right. They had some great vocal stuff. The vocals have 3 lead tracks, 3 high harmony tracks, and 2 low harmony tracks. One of the high parts splits off for a few notes giving it a 4-part harmony for a while.

Thanks everyone.

Cool song. But it sounds very, VERY, dirty (not sure whether that's the encoding only....hard to tell). Love the vocals (lead and harmonies) and the effect on the vocals though. You've got a peculiar voice (do you smoke? :) ) I likey. The fuzz guitar sound is way cool and exactly what the song needs.

Please don't worry about ripping something off. You're obliged to that in pop music. No popmusic without its cliches. I always say: when you see one, grab it! :D

I know you'll agree with this, but I'll tell you anyway: it sounds so 60's that you really need to find a real drummer for this. The clean drumcomputer sound kinda clashes with the rest. Perhaps you could achieve the right effect just by sticking a little more time into the programming and sounds...believe you me: hard work pays off.

Groovy baby
Thats says it all

I can alsmost see little go go dancers on top of my monitor :D

Peace
Bill

I love this song! I've played it about 10 times already and it just gets better. TripleM, you are a pro. I can definitely see this in a movie, you know, during the sequence where Spider Man decks the bad guys with the 'ZAP', 'POW', and a 'BOOM.' The little semi-tone step down from 1:00 to 1:10 is pure 60's. What a blast!

How do you write something like this? What do you start with, I assume it's lyrics? Tell me the process you use to construct your song. I'm into making music too, but my results are total amateur-hour, so I'm really curious how others do it right (OK, I know I need talent to begin with).

DC

Great tune as usual 3M-I like the opening riff kind of like day tripper a bit. Great vocal work-the way you add bg vocals is excellent-when they add the 7th? on the word "spiderman" cool. Did you double the lead vocal? Oh wait-stupid question :D...Actually if you did, you did it pretty accurately-I cant hear one poking out from the other...Very well constructed tune-i like the way it goes from major to minor in that bridge part-you don't hear people using that kind of thing anymore..Nice quick guitar solo-though what the heck is with that one quick high riff-you do--not sure if it fits...

As far as the mix-tough for me to say (I'm on walkman headphones :( )-the rhythym section sounds pretty decent-I won't mention that I wish you had a real drummer.. I think theres too much distortion on the guitar(s)-it seems just right for the opening riff and the solo-but they seem to be building up a background distortion that hurts the overall clarity. On my winamp-I pulled a big chunk out at 3k-and to my ears it sounded better-but as I said I'm on bad headphones so....Anyway great song, enjoyed it.

BTW---did you know that Marcia brady spelled her name like so??

Where are my go-go boots?:DThis is a cool song 3M.Everything seems to be sitting well.The only complaint I have is that the whole mix has a little bit of a dark tone to it.It needs a shot of highs to bring it to life IMHO.I have to turn my treble knob wide open to get any high end stuff.Compared to my reference CD's thats way off.LOL.

Good tune!Maybe you can get it placed in a future spiderman movie or car-tune!:D

Pedulist - I wonder if the dirty sound you're talking about is the buildup of distorted guitars. The main rhy is doubled, and then there's the riff. I don't know. Not many effects on the vox - lots of layers and a bit of large room reverb. Thanks.

wfaraoni - yeah baby. Thanks for the listen.

digitcallous - hey it's a songwriter :D:D:D. Glad you liked it so much. Since you're interested, I'll tell you... I write songs in lots of different ways. But usually I'll get a little music done first, then I'll get a basic lyrical idea and add some of that. Then maybe the music to the chorus, then the hook line. But for this one, believe it or not, I had every note of the music done before I even decided what to write about lyrically. I knew I wanted it to be sort of creepy sounding and wanted a subject that fit. I had just seen the Spider-Man movie, and I always liked comics as a kid. Spidey and Batman were my favorite. So there you have it. P.S., your best lyrical ideas come from just paying attention to everyday things people say. They come up with some great song lines if you just pay attention.

Strato - yeah I doubled the vocals. Imagine that. :D. Actually the lead is tripled (TripleM'd?). The high harmonies are tripled and the lows are doubled. The E to the E7 is probably ripped off of the Beatles. Going from majors to minors, if you can work it, can sound nice. I had some of the guitars pulled back at 3K earlier but I put it back at the last minute. Maybe pull it back huh? On Marcia - sonofabitch you're right. Oh well, too late to change now.

Kramer - I used the Gin Blossoms "Follow You Down" as a reference song and noticed the same thing. I didn't know if I just didn't have enough energy up there, or they were just two different sounds.

Thanks all.

I dig dug it :) Impressive layering. I like the concept and kinda floated and remembered myself many yrs ago in my secret lab (under the bed with a little lamp) reading The Adventures of....
It was really a nice piece of work. :) Singer/programmer/and guitarist to boot! dayum!

very shagalicious....:)
The fuzz guitars are perfect.......I like the vocals and the cool harmonies.....a fun song for sure; well written and appropriate for use as a movie theme......the drums are weak soundwise.....all in all......a good tune; I liked it

Dude, much improved stuff!

1. You're timing is much better on this than ever before. And the drums sound actually the best I've heard from you yet.
2. Guitars finally sound less harsh. I love the guitar sounds on this.

And for the songwriting. I can't even think of another spiderman theme. The other one is so ingraned in my memory I thought for sure when I saw the post you were going to cover the original but then this! Send it in to someone. I'm not sure who but I think if they make a spiderman II this would fit well somewhere.

Great job.

Back