Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man

Thanks

Spider-Man

Sign in to disable this ad
    If you have a chance please tell me what you think of this one... It's supposed to be the kind of music you would hear over the opening action sequence of a movie.

Spider-Man.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1436/singles

Let me know what you like and don't like.

Thanks.

Thanks
    I'll hit this later Triplage..

Attached Images Attached Images spiderman_6374_028-gif 

Thanks
    Hey TripleM, fun song! The song and the vocal and guitar bits and everything sound authentically 60's, like it's an old umm, thinking, can't think of anything, you know those bands from the 60's! I hate to say this, but the drums kill it for me. The guitars kinda sound fuzzy, too, like they are from an amp simulator thing. Are they? The vocals are good, kinda far back, but sounds more 60's that way I guess, the melody gets a little relentless, weird chord in there, too, goes to a minor or something, sounds kinda funny I think.
    Otherwise, a jammin tune!

Macle

Thanks

Thumbs up

This sounds like it's straight from the 60's, and that is a cool thing that isn't easy to do.. I'm hearing more mp3 artifacts than on the average tune posted.. I think it's helping to hurt the drums.. Nice guitar! The fuzz sound is perfect for this.. Vocals are dead on.. Maybe the vocal sound could be better, but I wouldn't know how..

Try this encoder http://www.mp3-converter.com/cdda_xtractor.htm download the Tractor.. The only setting you need to change from the default is, go to the 'Output options' and change it from Wave to 'Lame encoder DLL'

This will now encode the tune in VBR.. It will help the sound, and the file won't be too big.. Just a bit bigger than 128.. I put up both usually because VBR doesnt stream well.. I download everything anyway..

this is probably my favorite Triple tune I've heard.. Mainly because your vocals sound a little rougher (heavier) than normal in some spots, and the guitar is very cool..

Thanks
    Great singing,

Very fun sounding song, should've been in the movie!!

GT

Thanks
    Sound cool!
    The vocals might be a little too loud - they make the guitar sound small but it's not small.
    Geetar riff sounds like a fuzzy 60's flashback - Day Tripper/Satisfaction like.

I hear this song more in Austin Powers than Spiderman - I mean that in a good way.

Thanks
    great vox and backing vox. very cool song. I like the sound of the guitars. Odd and cool.

I agree with BS about the mp3 artifacts.

Good job, especially with the vocals.
    ---------------------------------
    I want [img]-code in the sigs. now!!!

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    Hey Trip,
    .... Cool little guit lick leading into the verse after the lead. Nice tune man.... ...a little beatles influence in there and some elo bg vocs... ..ya cant lose with that! It might be just a touch long. I do the same thing. Keeping pop like this at 3 min'ish is tough! How many tracks of vocals do you have going?
    Nice work man! gw/5

Thanks
    Hey macle. Glad you liked the song. The drums are REALLY programmed. I don't like doing that stuff too much, so I don't spend enough time at it. I was half-hoping that someone will want to put down drums for this. That section goes from a D to a Dm. Originally went to a D7, but I liked the minor better. It's a real amp. Maybe a bit too much drive - a little too fuzzy.

Sam - glad you liked the sound. One thing about my sound that I really like is the vox. I noticed the aritfacts too. They're very apparant on the high-hat when the harmonies come in. I used LAME as the encoder. I'll see what it's like with VBR. I'd also like real drums.

GT - thanks for the listen and compliments. They're starting to film the sequel.........

fprod - I was hoping I didn't rip that guitar riff off. It's so simple I'd think there has to have been a song that used it. Like lots of people, I have a hard time sitting the vox just right. Usually I get them too low. It's actually good to hear that I set them too high (at least I know the right level is somewhere in the middle). Austin Powers? Yeah baby.

Meshugga - thanks for the compliments. Yeah, don't know what to do about the aritfacts. When LAME lets you down, where do you go?

G-man - the lick was just a last minute songwriting thing. But I liked it. Never thought of the ELO similarities, but you're right. They had some great vocal stuff. The vocals have 3 lead tracks, 3 high harmony tracks, and 2 low harmony tracks. One of the high parts splits off for a few notes giving it a 4-part harmony for a while.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Cool song. But it sounds very, VERY, dirty (not sure whether that's the encoding only....hard to tell). Love the vocals (lead and harmonies) and the effect on the vocals though. You've got a peculiar voice (do you smoke? ) I likey. The fuzz guitar sound is way cool and exactly what the song needs.

Please don't worry about ripping something off. You're obliged to that in pop music. No popmusic without its cliches. I always say: when you see one, grab it!

I know you'll agree with this, but I'll tell you anyway: it sounds so 60's that you really need to find a real drummer for this. The clean drumcomputer sound kinda clashes with the rest. Perhaps you could achieve the right effect just by sticking a little more time into the programming and sounds...believe you me: hard work pays off.
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trojka
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trafo

Thread Information