acoustic or electric?

• acoustic

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • electric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • who cares.. as long as its good

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
While I like both, I have to honestly say that I lean to the electric. My CD collection is full of electric guitar albums.

My question to you is: what do you like as an artist? Make yourself happy first!

I voted for "who cares as long as its good".....from what ive heard of your playing, id say Id enjoy either very much.....i dont think you have to pin yourself down to one of the other if you enjoy both.....

it doesn't matter to me...but I prefer not freely mixing them together. I don't mind an acoustic thrown in an electric CD...but generally I prefer listening to all of one or the other...

regarding the project14. Pretty nice.. I'd take a wider stereo spread on the synth stuff..put the ld gtr in the center, and back a tad off on the harshness factor of it too. Some sweet playing in there, but I hear a couple of stumbles...eh?

Acoustic.

I think as a solo instrument,it can stand alone in an instrumental.
The other instruments are just flavoring.
Were as with an electric,a rythym section at least,is a must.
JMHO.

Pete

I say anything goes. If it feels right, do it.

Nice leads. Did you throw two 012's on an amp? sounds really nice. There are some nice notes dangling in the air reminiscent of "Passion and Warfare." But you might associate it more with Satch. Either way, still very much you and still very beautiful.

Hey I'm still working on project 12. I have been running with an idea that I'm now having second thoughts about. I'm frightened. I feel lonely. Hold me.

Hey Jeff,
Im guessing by the your question and the feeling that im getting of being set up.....:mad: :D that this is either a hormonally enhanced accoustic or a blend of both. If it is the accoustic..... I would have to wonder why....? Unless the tone you're getting is that good. Why not let the goat be a goat if youre gonna go that way? Youre usual acoustic tones are really nice........ If you wanna go electric .......break out that walnut back breaker of yours:D

........just dont tell me that that was your electric and i did all of this typing for nothing.................

..............ugh:mad:

Nice stuff man, :)

g

Hey thanks for taking my poll.... Its much better than going to the polls tomorrow :)

I have to remix it... so I must take the song down :( everything sounds a little wacky like loud high hat and a non stereo sounding syth like mix said. It didnt sound like that when I had it in Sonar... I wonder what happened?
I was just listening again and I dont think I like the sound I have going with the mc012 on the amp ... I just tried throwing the sm57 on it and it sounded way better by itself.. it gives it more of an edge.

Hi Kramer :) I agree I like both too

Jcmm... I agree with you too :)

Crawdad..... I was just curious what you guys thought :) I kinda figured most people would like a variety in the music
I just wonder why a ton of these instrumental albums have the same instruments throughout the album. hmmmm makes me wonder if its more of a marketing ploy

Gidge... I always see your name around here, but I never got a change to talk to you. :) Thanks a bunch for the friendly line. and I hope to talk to you around .. you probably have a ton of exp. from hanging aroung here.

mix... its just a very rough mix :) I dont like the way it sounds either... I wonder why I posted it :confused: :) I'll work on getting everything sounding better and then I'll repost it and I'm sure you'll like it ... I promise ;) Thank mix

Pete...

How did I know you were gonna say that :) Your right the acoustic is very pretty..

Sluice

that was one mc012 and one 57... I sounds ok, but I think I might like just the sm57 better.. hmmmm
Damn... your still working on proj12 :) ... Your IN BIIGG TROUBLE MR> I forgot about that song.. hehe ... your prob just being way too critical now that I told you the drums sounded fake before. relax.... deeeeeeeeeeeeeep biiiiiiiiiiiig breath........ and do your best...... I know youll do great.... worrying is only productive in ducks during duck season.

Thanks G man..

Yepp... just the mahogany guitar :) I wouldnt try to trick ya man :)
your great for always saying hi :) I'll be done soon ... i promise :(

JMarcomb said:

I just wonder why a ton of these instrumental albums have the same instruments throughout the album. hmmmm makes me wonder if its more of a marketing ploy

my version of the answer to that is that if you do "too much", you lose your audience. Because, there might be something that 'somebody' doesn't care for. I use a 'demo tape' as an example. Supposedly if you throw everything on the tape, including the kitchen sink, you shoot yourself in the foot. You keep the stuff in one vein, you fill a niche and keep the "niche go-ers" happy. ...hhhmmm me thinks it IS marketing ploy

Originally posted by mixmkr
my version of the answer to that is that if you do "too much", you lose your audience.

........truth.

If youre playing for fun........... fuckem.
..............If youre trying to take it somewhere, ya gotta focus .....or your stuff starts to sound like a session players resume.

btw: .....done with what?:confused:

yeah mix... When I was in business class they told us you need to have a niche market in order to have a successful product.. I have always wondered if that is true with music. I guess Carlos Santana can do that because his audience warships him.

But... when I buy some of these albums maybe one or two songs are good on them... So I say have a variety with every song on the album... dynamite.. like the beatles.

hmmm... am I a bad business man, cuz im creative?

........the question my brother, is are you the beatles? They didnt start that way. They earned the right to be able to expand their direction. ......As did Carlos, and just about every other artist that ever achieved success. Once an artist is established, they "earn the right" to expand their audience.... There are very few successful artists that begin their careers as"truly" eclectic .

g:)

Guernica said:
........the question my brother, is are you the beatles. They didnt start that way. They earned the right to be able to expand their direction.

g

I might agree with that... plus I think they got better and better as they went on...

Yes I agree with you guys 100%

The sad part about today is if you have less than average music and a great promo manager, your good as gold

Im not complaining, I just wanna be a successful musician.. now! :)

JMarcomb said:
Yes I agree with you guys 100%

The sad part about today is if you have less than average music and a great promo manager, your good as gold

Im not complaining, I just wanna be a successful musician.. now! :)

oooooh. how are you measuring success? philisophical question for another forum i guess.

seriously Jeff...this is really good. i like your style a lot. i was the sole acoustic voter to this point cause i really just like acoustic guitar better than electric usually but you're a rare exception for me. you have a lot of really nice musical ideas that translate well with the electric guitar.

i'm just gonna be honest, i don't think the fancy synth is adding to your sound though. you've got some really interesting musical ideas on that lead but the supporting cast is just not real supportive imo. it's cool stuff, don't get me wrong, lot's of ear candy to listen to in the background. i'm not trying to trash your thread, just seems you have a lot of real skill and it's being diminished by the setting.

ok, everyone jump on me now!

Back