Spectral...from Zed10R

Zed10R

Spectral...from Zed10R...try again??

Please take a listen....I update dthe link...the foirst one was't working...thanks for being patient!!

1)I know the low end needs tamed

2)I know the highs need "shimmer"

What happens is, when I play this on a stereo, for example, if I max out the treble dial and back off the bass dial to about 10 Oclock, it sounds pretty good....how can I translate that into my mix? What frequencies are typically efected by the treble and bass dial on a home stereo?

Thanks Peeps!!!

Please check out "Spectral"....

maybe this like will work better.....???

http://www.audiostreet.net/artist.aspx?artistid=53864&mode=music&recordid=115502

Last edited:
Interesting.

Vocals are beyond buried at the beginning but I assume that is intentional. Song is pretty cool. I dont know what to make of the vocals, I cant hear them at all. The rest is pretty cool. :)

DavidK said:
Interesting.

Vocals are beyond buried at the beginning but I assume that is intentional. Song is pretty cool. I dont know what to make of the vocals, I cant hear them at all. The rest is pretty cool. :)

THanks David...in the beginnig the vocals are supposed to be buried...yes...but after that, I thought they were at a good level and pretty clear???

Damn... :confused:

Cool song!

Have to agree with David K.

The vox are way over effected. Back the effects off and the level may be fine for this style. Just have to see.

Once again cool tune!

F.S.

Yeah thats pretty different. The whole mix sounds kind of dark and low-fi. I don't know how to fix it other than re-mix from scratch and play with the individual track EQ's, or just pass the whole mix through a multi-band. The vocals are pretty buried and sound like they're being played backwards, but other than that the levels sound about right. Maybe the kick is a little too prominent, but its hard to tell with the mix the way it is. Interesting song though. I'd be interested in hearing it again once its all sorted out. :)

Greg_L said:
Yeah thats pretty different. The whole mix sounds kind of dark and low-fi. I don't know how to fix it other than re-mix from scratch and play with the individual track EQ's, or just pass the whole mix through a multi-band. The vocals are pretty buried and sound like they're being played backwards, but other than that the levels sound about right. Maybe the kick is a little too prominent, but its hard to tell with the mix the way it is. Interesting song though. I'd be interested in hearing it again once its all sorted out. :)

Thanks Greg...workin on it.... :D

Interesting stuff - nice buried vox.
Why not run it through a BBE Sonic maximiser discreetly for some shimmer and see what it does for you.

Back