Space Rock song sketch

rayc

retroreprobate
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6409835&q=hi
I've not been up to much - still without my recording computer - lots of words have passed between myself & the repairer but that's another issue.
This track has a stereo baisc of Roland TR505 drums, bass, & 2 guitars. Added courtesy of Faderbug are tracks of three disrorted guitars & some synths .
Here's a song sketch for a space rock song - think Hawkwind or Litmus I suppose.
Any suggestions?
No melody yet but the lyrics & title are almost sorted:

Sewer Song
Come to my circus,
My city, my sewer.
The exhibits are many,
Clay caste menagerie.
Come to the grand ball,
My trunkated lover,
The legless, the armless,
Come love's amputees.

Newborn, still born, bleeding heart.
Morning, evening's dying art.
In all these we play no part:
In games of love no-one can play.

See comic book heroes,
Pretend not to bleed,
Emotional lepers:
Toy soldier memories.
Red collophane eyelight,
waving stumps at the moon.
Pierrot with moonlust,
Come & see!
Come & see!

Bleeding jester's morbid mirth,
Death: triumphant at each birth,
Borrowed dreams of little worth.
In games of love no-one can play.

Preach gangrenous love,
My pinup religion.
Prepackaged emotion,
For a fee, for a fee!
Come to my circus,
Spectators are few,
Another red nightmare,
Come and taste,
Come and see...
Dancer, leper, soldier.

Hello Ray!

Sounds good man. So far, I think the mood of the music are a perfect match for the mood of the lyrics.
Keep us in the loop on this one!

Peace!

~Shawn

I can hear another classic being made here Ray. This has a different overall flavor to it, due to the Faderbug contributions. The sustaining distortion and the synths fill the soundscape and give it a thick powerful feel. I think you've mixed this pretty well so far. I like the panning on your guitars. That gives it a nice wide spectrum. The first little lead on the right that you play might be a little louder but it seems good elsewhere. The lyrics are super as always - very well done there. They evoke much imagery and thought. Looking forward to hearing this progress! :cool::D:cool::D

Oh yeah, I love this kind of stuff! My only nit would be the drums are getting a bit lost at times...really look forward to hearing this progress..the non distorted guitars give me a Pink Floyd Piper At The Gates Of Dawn vibe...really cool...great synths as well!!

Eyema,
Thanks mate - just a gap fill but I may have to move forward with it due to a lack of options - either that or learn how to use my disklab!
Ido,
Ta mate. I have a penchant for listening to space rock & psych & I 1st recorded the chorus section back in '83. I had a verse back them to but it was/is turgid. the newer verse struck me in the middle of dinner about 3 months ago so I figured it was time to jot it down.
queepyvari,
Very kind of you sir! I asked Faderbug to add some gits as I'm hopeless with distorted sounds. He did a fabbo job.

Way cool sound, Ray, sounds like a big factory running out of control that you are reigining in and it keeps escaping. Lyrics are cool and I'm looking forward to hearing them as well.:D

Sounding good so far guys...can't wait to hear it finished. Nice structure and layers.

Oooooo...I like the dark cloak of axes flowing around the upbeat synths. I'm gonna have to have a nice long listen to this one....it reminds me of a Phantom of the Bull Arena tune...Matador and Bull locking into one another's eyes...sizing one another up...each trying to unhinge the other...who will stand at the end...ahhh...I see them both standing...unbeaten...still proud...and ready to rumble again....another day.:D

Cool shit ray and faderbug!!!

I have no ears for listening to the mix for any nits at the moment(if there even are any;))...just enjoying the little trip the tune is taking me on.

Xeries,
Thanks mate. I'll be working on this one slowly but I'll keep you updated.
Dogman,
Ta m' ol' china! You're too kind.
DavidK,
Synths - something I'd be afraid to go near but FB certainly used them to good effect. Thanks heaps.
True,
Nice analogies & imagery as usual True. This one seems to have struck a chord as it was #7 in the Soundclick psych charts last night - for whatever that's worth (probably three plays!). You're always so very nurturing that I can't help but try harder.

Sounds cool Ray. I'm not a huge fan of synths, but they work on this one. This one needs some big rock drums. Can I try some? :)

PM me if you're interested.

True,
Nice analogies & imagery as usual True. This one seems to have struck a chord as it was #7 in the Soundclick psych charts last night - for whatever that's worth (probably three plays!). You're always so very nurturing that I can't help but try harder.
Ray...thanks...comments like yours, are encouraging to the listener...acknowledging their time spent here, listening to the tunes other's have taken the time to record and post, is appreciated... and knowing that someone has been encouraged in something they love, not discouraged is a great incentive to listen even more.

Oh..and make that 4 plays now...:p Actually, I downloaded the song when I first listened to it...but still try to take my listens off of soundclick so you get the count...after all, someday, they just may give out prizes for the most listens...a golden didgeradoo perhaps.;)

I can't wait to hear what this will sound like with those BIG drums of Greg's!!! Those Mapex are some awesome sounding skins....geesh, I feel as if I am in a Tombstone movie...pull out that muleskinner boy and go to work before I smoke you with these cannons...:eek: I must be on a ADHD roll this morning...:D

i think the one clean guitar sounds weird and out of key but it'll work if you put it way back in the mix.

:D

those lyrics are pretty psych - O - delic.

Back