Southbound

Damn fine job dude! My only nit pick is the drums are too much on top ( Which Boulder made a much more detailed nit pick and suggestions on ) Vocals came out very good, a couple spots of slight pitch dip but freeking great job. You already had the musicianship but you are getting really good at capturing the noise man!

Thanks heat.
The drummer I collaborated with for decades died of lung cancer this past summer. I wish he was still around man, he was my best friend as well. I wouldn't make a pimple on his ass I terms of playing the drums, but I try to do the best I can. I'm just not there yet as far as laying down a solid performances without issues.

I wish I could do better but it's just not in me yet....more practice, practice, practice will smooth things out I think.

Sorry about the loss of you friend jimi.

I think you're making good progress, and you've got a reasonably good drum sound. This track was pretty ambitious, but you tackled it and pulled it off. I'm sure if you chose simpler material you could lay down smoother drum tracks, but then where's the challenge?

Sounds very good. I like the balance on things. Well played, except right at the beginning - things didn't entirely gel in the first few seconds of the intro. Not real bad tho.

Maybe some reverb on the snare? Overheads sound excellent.

I'd like a little more gain on the rhythm guitars. Just a bit more dirt would sound cool I think.

Sorry I didn't get to hear this earlier. Really! Wish I'd been hearing this...it's awesome.
Vocal is amazing. Licks are amazing. Great tones. Smooth bass.
Mix-wise, the drums are a bit too far out front...just a tad too loud, especially the snare, and a bit drier than the rest... Tone-wise, they're amazing. Good miking. You're getting better and better. Keep practicing (well, that won't keep you from mistakes, but at least it lets you cover them better) :)

Damn fine job dude! My only nit pick is the drums are too much on top ( Which Boulder made a much more detailed nit pick and suggestions on ) Vocals came out very good, a couple spots of slight pitch dip but freeking great job. You already had the musicianship but you are getting really good at capturing the noise man!

Thanks TAE. Im going on to work on getting the drums to sit better in the mix when I remix this one. Appreciate you giving it a listen.

Sorry about the loss of you friend jimi.

I think you're making good progress, and you've got a reasonably good drum sound. This track was pretty ambitious, but you tackled it and pulled it off. I'm sure if you chose simpler material you could lay down smoother drum tracks, but then where's the challenge?

Yeah, a simpler drum part would be a lot easier for me. It just seems like everything I want to record has a bitch of a drum part. LOL

Sounds very good. I like the balance on things. Well played, except right at the beginning - things didn't entirely gel in the first few seconds of the intro. Not real bad tho.

Maybe some reverb on the snare? Overheads sound excellent.

I'd like a little more gain on the rhythm guitars. Just a bit more dirt would sound cool I think.
Yeah, in the beginning I think I was off a little on the quick stab of the drums, bass, and rythem guitars. Stufflike that is kind of hard to fix for me....so I may have to live with it. Mor dirt on the guitars would probably sound good..
Thanks for the mixing tips and the listen!

Sorry I didn't get to hear this earlier. Really! Wish I'd been hearing this...it's awesome.
Vocal is amazing. Licks are amazing. Great tones. Smooth bass.
Mix-wise, the drums are a bit too far out front...just a tad too loud, especially the snare, and a bit drier than the rest... Tone-wise, they're amazing. Good miking. You're getting better and better. Keep practicing (well, that won't keep you from mistakes, but at least it lets you cover them better) :)

Thanks H. I fixin' to go work on your tune man....appreciate you checking this one out!

nice ..... drumbs get s little iffy now and then as you know.

But your vocals are top notch and, of course, you git skills are very good.
I especially like the tone you get out of that Peavey thing.

nice ..... drumbs get s little iffy now and then as you know.

But your vocals are top notch and, of course, you git skills are very good.
I especially like the tone you get out of that Peavey thing.

Thanks Lt Bob.

That little Peavey was a very good buy at $200 for sure. I haven't heard anything in the same ballpark tonewise for that kind of price. I guess its a bit of a sleeper for sure.
I'm messing around with lap steel a bit now and it just KILLS on steel guitar.
Very Fendery sounding.
Almost makes me want to buy a pedal steel.

Back