South Of The Water

reinmj

Wait.. what?
Hi Peeps

Couldn't sleep last night so did a headphone mix(kids sleeping in room next door) of this song i grabbed off of Cambridge. Band's name is Action.
Please crit as my ears are saturated from a couple of hours straight wearing cans.

The (2) track is the second mix:

Attachments

• South Of The Water.mp3
    5.1 MB · Views: 19
  • South Of The Water(2).mp3
    5.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hey Reinmj,

That's a good song right there. Great job with the composition part.

In terms of mixing, I found the instrument levels to be really low compared to the vocals (especially before the percussion came in along with other additional instruments)...Also, I thought the lead vocals were a bit too dry for this particular genre of music. Thanks!

Hey Reinmj,

That's a good song right there. Great job with the composition part.

In terms of mixing, I found the instrument levels to be really low compared to the vocals (especially before the percussion came in along with other additional instruments)...Also, I thought the lead vocals were a bit too dry for this particular genre of music. Thanks!

Hi endlessrain

Thanks for the listen and comments. I can't take credit for composition as it is not my song or band in any way, but i'll just accept the compliment:spank: . As soon as i got a chance to listen on my monitors i see what you mean by the volume levels, and also reminded me why i dislike mixing solely on cans.

Here is a new version with just a small volume change, and lifted the reverb a bit to be more noticeable. I feel like i might have dropped the lead vocal a bit too much but f*ck it, it's just a "i'm bored and awake at 3:30am" mix hahaha.

Attachments

• South Of The Water(2).mp3
    5.1 MB · Views: 3
Hey Reinmj, Yes I really like this version much better (especially with the added reverb)!

Back