Soundtrack for action movie scene

rockexotic

Not professionally mixed or mastered for actual film.
But it's fun imagining it as a soundtrack to some cool action scenes.
I replaced the url so that yuo can hear the more concise amended version.

Last edited:
Very cool, sounds great! To me, I imagine this being played behind a "suiting up" montage scene, in which the team is gearing up for the ass-kicking soon to come.

In my opinion, the weak link was the piano. Not only did it sound very VST-ish, but it didn't really seem to fit the mood of the piece, IMHO.

Enjoyed the listen, though. Thanks for sharing. :)

this is cool and i'm so excited it's for film. i wrote a horror movie soundtrack but was afraid to share it, but you broke the barrier like jackie robinson.
your song is really good and i like the piano even.

I really appreciate your comments. They both made me chuckle the way you put it:)
I'm glad for what I can glean from your perceptions.
Outside opinion helps me expand my personal list of weakness AND improve my ear.

Definitely a creative risk in composing madman piano over busy tom patterns.
Instead of DnB it's DnP! lol Gives me a madman feeling but at the same time elicits feelings of melodic destruction.

Glad to hear how the vibe spurs your imagination famous beagle. It's the SCENE that the piece needs!

Mix-wise there is a lot of low frequency information and I've yet to hear it on various systems so hoping the low end isn't too bombastic.
Because the drums are not surrounded by a fuller spectrum of instruments, some sections sound too pronounced and a bit aggressive.

Composition-wise, I feel it needs a lift. Namely, a switch to the major key (F Major).
Along with an exciting guitar riff. After all, I am a guitar player for cryin' out loud.
Then again, in the context of film it can just be "two notes and ya gotta feelin'" as Jack Black would say;) Duh Duh [mouths the theme to Jaws]

Last edited:
Feel free to share Nola.
I like to post things on here I'm unsure of just to put it through "the crucible". lol
That way I can can address things during pre-production and the result can be a better track.

Thanks again for your kind and cool comment.

Last edited:
This is miles ahead of the crap that was on generic CBS cop show last night. Just FYI.

I agree the keys were kind of weak, could use a re-track too. Especially compared to that bass guitar. God damn, that bass guitar is awesome. . . I want it, what is it? Is that a VST because it's a damn good VST.

Really great sounding stuff, congratulations on film placement as well. My only criticism is the cymbals. too...hmm, splashy and a touch too much hiss. Really enjoyed it though - i don't feel it needs a key change. it has a good energy to it and that constant bobbly-type synth sounds excellent in this key.

Cool. More highly valued and useful feedback. In total agreement with all.
All can applied to the re-track as I feel that is in order.
Just to clarify, this hasn't actually been placed with any film/tv program. It's just a miscellaneous track I did as an experiment. The way it turned out made me think... hmm film maybe?
If so, it would definitely need a retrack & remix. But this is the pre-pro gist.

Indeed too much hiss as a result of eq'ng the master track in an attempt to shine it up a bit.
I noticed that too especially on my laptop.
The cymbals hits are too hard and aggressive sometimes even the snare.
And I think the electric guitar power punches are kinda trebley & stale. I want to hear a pay off riff instead.
But again, simplicity works for syncing with action scenes.

I really am happy with the bass sound the most and would like to get some rock guitar going and use the piano idea as an intro/segue for another song. (piano passage now deleted)

Last edited:
Oh just to be clear, everything sounds great already, just the piano seems like it might need some work. In the complicated parts it seems to get a little muddled. I definitely wouldn't suggest starting from scratch, there's so much in there that already works just great. Especially the bass lol. I love that tone.

I can hear the muddled parts during the second half of the piano passage.
Everything is doing short note values at once (piano trills, tom flams & bass pulses).
I also marked the sections with harsh cymbal action.
Piano does sound quantized, plinky and muddled after a good night sleep.

So at this point I can just replace or add a sections and leave the rest alone.

THANKS!

Last edited:
Well I'm stuck with the cymbals and loud snare parts for now.
I did this a while back and didn't like it that much and made the mistake of deleting the original project folder.
Lesson learned: Always keep your stems even if you don't like a project.
It's all cool, I don't mind reconstructing it. I like the practice.

I've been working with the master stereo track working with different arrangements in the editor.
If one day someone would like to use it then I'd be glad to get it up to par.
In the meantime, I've replaced the url with the link to the amended version.
This one omits the central piano segment and just power punches in a shorter allotted time frame as would be the case in a movie scene.

Last edited:
Cool easlern.
It's the best I can do for now. I did arrive at the guitar I would like to add but that will be a new version altogether.
Was able to locate a backup of the drum stems so I'll be working around an established foundation and won't have to completely start from scratch.
I'll be able to tame the snare & cymbals that way.

Kindest regards,
Mike

Back