Sound Click

I listened to "arriving" - I dig the sound of the song, as well as the writing.
To me, everything seems right down the middle, and a lot would be added if it was more in strereo - i.e. if the cymbals are panned left and right. It's just flat to me, and needs to sound like it's more stereo, especially in the drums.

Good song, tho.

Thanks for listening Nilbog.

I hear what you are saying about the stereo drums.

Unfortunately my D-4 drum module only has 4 outputs and I send each one to a different channel on the mixing board so I have a separate channel for kick, a channel for snare, one for cymbals and one for toms. That way I can EQ them separately.

Do you have any suggestions on a different way to route the signal?

Many thanks

hmmm..stereo faker.
Once all is said and done on the drum tracks, you may try moving one of the channels (left or right) back like .01 ms and play around with it. It's a cheap trick, but sometimes it works.

Nice sounds. If you are going into 4 channels and can pan, place each of the drums into an imaginary drum set in front of you about 6 ft across. Leave the kick in the center and pan the sanre off to around 1 o'clock. Hats at 2. toms left to 11, and cymbals at around 2 and 10. The kick needs a bit more eq around 120, and roll of a little of the bass below 100 and turn it up some. maybe roll off a little low end guitar and let the kick and bass use it. Snare could use some 400 to fatten it a little. A nice listen...

Back