Sorta Bossa

Timothy Lawler said:
Bossa, sort of

An improvisation.

Your comments are appreciated.
WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN???

Oh, and, uh, the tune is very cool. Whattya mean "sorta"? It's full-on Bossa.

My only suggestion would be to lay down the first part to a click track; your meter is all over the place, and Latin rhythms rely on steady meter...

Love your damned playing though, you do shit I can't even think of. :)

Reactions: XLR
Nice guitar playing Tim.

That's about all I can say. I don't really understand this type of music, I guess. I always need a more stable chord structure to lead over. :D

Llarion said:
My only suggestion would be to lay down the first part to a click track; your meter is all over the place, and Latin rhythms rely on steady meter...

Love your damned playing though, you do shit I can't even think of. :)
Ditto on both points.

I had a hard time keeping pace and my fingers were at loss to follow along. ;)

I love the slow down, tired of dancing, ending.
Exceptionally nice work as usual.

Way cool Timothy, I love the angular harmonies....kinda Villa-Lobos vibe but it keeps the sensual dance feel that is the soul of Bossa.
More....more...

chazba

I like it Tim. I wasn't so much picking up on the timing fluctuations that the others mentioned. In fact, I was sort of imagining a little shaker rhythm through the whole thing.

Really cool!

Thanks guys for listening and the great comments. Been working on some rhythmic editing on it. This is one of four sections of a longer thing, though the other parts are really different, and I'll post the whole set later. Thanks again.

Edit: also just discovered that there's a synch issue between the tracks that makes the lead guitar really lead, heh. Haunted computer is all I can figure. I'll re-upload it when I get it set just right.

Last edited:
Timothy Lawler said:
also just discovered that there's a synch issue between the tracks that makes the lead guitar really lead, heh.

track alignment issues are more common than most recording hobbyists know. there are methods to test for correct alignment of audio and midi.

That's pretty cool. Couldn't tell the timing was out of whack. 'Coz if I'm not hearing a rhythm section banging in he traditional rock and roll (duh duh duh duh duh duh) manner, I can't tell timing. :)

Cool playing. Nice skill flows. :)

That's very cool, Tim. I can't even get my brain around some of the playing. Awesome stuff, as usual.

LOL! I love the ending. Just ran out of gas, did we?

it's an improv, so I understand to take the good with the bad. Nice playing and sounds all around. Thanks for sharing this improv with us - I get the impression that we're getting to hear you explore and learn.

-Casey

Back