Sorry My Fault (It's Just A Ride)

It's a toe tapper. I'm not a huge fan of the "keyboard produced" deals..... and I knew that going into it.... but it was fun.

It's got a lot of reverb on the vocal.....

You know.... when the vocals first started.... I thought this needs to be a Meatloaf song. His voice, Todd's guitar and some bigger drums. Throw some BGV's on it.... and it is.

well...
I don't like it. It's too cheesy and 80's sounding for my tastes. The playing is good. Voice works good for this peice. As far as mixing goes, it sems like all the intruments are too distinct. Try to do something to bring the mix together. A little reverb over the whole thing might congeal it more.

I'm with freeztar...it's just not a style I'm attracted to.

The mix, however, is very clear and the performance is very clean. I'd like to hear the snare panned out a bit more and some separation between the high hat and crash/ride.

Hope that helps,
Peter

Yeah, the song is a bit on the corny side. It's more experimental than anything else. It's the first time ever that I made a song entirely from scratch, lyrics and all. I have always depended on others to write words to my music. After being inspired from a thread on song wiriting reading on how some of you guys write and /or get inspired to write I decided to give it a try. This song no matter how corny or 80's it is is a milestone for me. I do however like all the critisism(sp?) that I have gotten so far and that my mixing has improved some.

Keep it coming guys :)

Thanks,
Ben

It's not my type of music either but, I did like the playing. There's probably a lot of places that would like you to set up and play. :cool:

Back