sorry guys here is a write address. What do you guys think?

Wheee, doggies.
Reminded me of a bit of the early sixties and early eighties.
The only thing I noticed was that your vocals got covered over by the guitar once in a while.
Took me back in time. Thanks. :)

Hey man,
welcome to the Forum....

I like your song but, I did not hear a clear seperation of tracks in the mix....sounds like the same tracks left and right....no real panning of individual tracks....the right side sounds just a tad lower than the left....
the bass is definitely buried...
I am still getting used to my new monitors....
Jesus I tell ya...it makes a world of difference...being able to hear that is...

good performance on the guit man...

Rock on,
Joe

Decent song. I liked the energy. Guitar sounded nice. Liked the backing vocals at the end - the "bop bop" stuff.

Nice bass part. But it's lost a bit in the mix. Try an EQ boost somewhere 800-1000 or retrack. Vocals are back in the mix. Pitch issues with the lead vox here and there. Notes sometimes land with a thud.

My thoughts. keep at it. Trip.

Vocals are definitely too far back in the mix. Decent guitar playing could use more definition on the bass. Nice tune....cool energy.....I like where the multiple vocals come in..Main thing is some pitch issues with the main vox. Nice first offering.

Hi Kanman, I'm a friend of SS454, welcome to the BBS!

The mix sounds to me like the stereo mix has been eq'ed too heavily. sounds like too much boost on the low end and too much cut in the mids.
That is, sounds this way to me. If that's not how you got this sound I would suggest working on the low end eq's of the stringed instruments to get a little separation. I would get more mid energy from the guitars. I recognize some POD in here and it kinda fuzzes the guitar tone too much for me.
I agree with the comments about the 50's sound of this. I'd love to hear the guitars more in that style of tone. This is just my opinion.

Sounds like a fun song, good job.

Thanks guys for reply my post.

Jake what do you mean by "I would suggest working on the low end eq's of the stringed instruments to get a little separation."

what I do with the guitar is i use low cut at around 200. I am not sure at exact number.

Left guitar I use fender amp super reverb
Right guitar is Line 6

Kanman said:
Thanks guys for reply my post.

Jake what do you mean by "I would suggest working on the low end eq's of the stringed instruments to get a little separation."

what I do with the guitar is i use low cut at around 200. I am not sure at exact number.

Left guitar I use fender amp super reverb
Right guitar is Line 6

It sounds to me like the low end on the two guitars and the bass are clashing. I would solo the three together to try to eq them out of each others way. The range of the bass sounds too narrow and confined to the low end (150-300hz). I'd try to give the guitars more mid (600-1800hz). The thing is I can't tell exacly where to use what. I'd love to help though, If you make a special mix of the bass and guitars I will try to be specific. The mix should be the two guitars hard left and right and the bass in the middle at the volumes they're at now. That is the only way I can say exactly where to cut or boost.

Did you eq the stereo mix on this?

man this thread brings back some memories...2002? Jake, Lt Bob, Joro, Badgas, SS454 ah the good ol daze!

...not to mention a link to a song hosted on NowhereRadio.com. Wow, that's some antique internettery there.

What's even cooler is that 18+ years later the LINK STILL WORKS! Wowser!

Ha! I noticed that as well. I found that I even still have a profile page from way back when. Fortunately I'd removed all of my music...because the world does not need to hear the things that were coming out of my home studio circa 2004.

Back