Sore Winner

Armistice

Son of Yoda
Hi peeps

Long time, no chat.

I'm doing the shameful thing of not hanging around here much and then dropping a new song in the clinic and expecting everyone to listen to it... :eek::laughings:

Still, some of you might be interested. :rolleyes:

Sore Winner - The Honey Hunters

Any and all feedback welcome.:p

Cheers

Lyrics:

Sore Winner

You have my head upon a stick
The game is yours, you’ve won the trick
You have defeated me for sure
Still…
Apparently it’s not enough
You moan on and huff and puff
Big bad wolf back at my door
You know…

Nobody likes a sore winner
Nobody likes a sore winner babe

Your every box has now been ticked
Your mortal enemy is licked
My humiliation’s done
It is...
But you’re wanting to complain
About the nature of my pain
Still you have to point the gun
You know...

You think you’re a boss but you’re just a beginner

And I contemplate defeat
I strategically retreat
Why must you go on?

Short song for you. What gives?? Also missing that signature Armistice guitar tone. :wtf: :confused:

Everything sounds good and really no need to make changes. Personally, I always say bring the drums up a bit. I think that's one of those things you and I never agreed upon, but that's cool.

Lyrics in the chorus could use a rewrite. Comes across as a bit lazy with the repeating line.

Hope all is well for you.

Cool guitar riff. Bass is too loud. Drums and vocals should come up. The timing of the bass sounds off in places. I think you're rushing.

Short song for you. What gives?? Also missing that signature Armistice guitar tone. :wtf: :confused:

Everything sounds good and really no need to make changes. Personally, I always say bring the drums up a bit. I think that's one of those things you and I never agreed upon, but that's cool.

Lyrics in the chorus could use a rewrite. Comes across as a bit lazy with the repeating line.

Hope all is well for you.

Short alright. I bought a Tele and it's sort of sent me in changed direction. Thanks for the listen.;)

Cool guitar riff. Bass is too loud. Drums and vocals should come up. The timing of the bass sounds off in places. I think you're rushing.

Not dragging? Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the bass timing and other bits. Cheers.

---------- Update ----------

I like it. Chorus reminds me of Ian Anderson for some reason. All sounds clear and above board here

Thanks Bulls.;)

The second note of the verse bass riff rings out very loudly. Guitars sound good, and I like the intro a lot.

The second note of the verse bass riff rings out very loudly. Guitars sound good, and I like the intro a lot.

Thanks andrush - I went looking for the bass note issue and didn't find it, either audibly or visually - second note is the same volume as the one before and one after, so far as I can hear. I'll ask someone else specifically about it and see what they say.

Thanks andrush - I went looking for the bass note issue and didn't find it, either audibly or visually - second note is the same volume as the one before and one after, so far as I can hear. I'll ask someone else specifically about it and see what they say.

The D flat. It's booming, subtly but noticeably.

I think sounds very good. Good band.

Vocals and guitars sound very good. You might want to do some fader riding on the lead vocal. It's pretty far out front in spots, and in other spots it's sitting just about right.

The snare is too far back IMO. A cracking, in-your-face snare would be cool.

The bass is pretty boomy and rumbly. It's a bit indistinct - not much articulation between notes.

I'm being too critical, it's a very good mix.

Thanks Trip - I've buggered with the snare a bit - not sure it's cracking and in-your-face but it's probably better... :)

Back