Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Sooner or Later"

Thanks

"Sooner or Later"

Sign in to disable this ad
    I believe this version is the one I'm going to send off to the M.E., but I wanted to run the listen by the good ears here first, in the event that I might have overlooked something obvious. If something jumps out as "off" on your playback system(s), please let me know.

Thanks for the listen and/or help/comment!

Best,

Kev-

------------->Sooner or Later<-----------------
    My Albums are free at:
    KevinWhiteMusic.com

Thanks

Deep linking?

Hi, Kevin:

Maybe it's because I'm on my computer at work, but the link merely advises that "deep linking is not allowed."

I try again when I get home.

Thanks
    Yup. Me too.

That just might explain the serious lack of comment, G. Thanks for the heads up.

Here's one that ACTUALLY WORKS:

Sooner or Later

Kev-
    My Albums are free at:
    KevinWhiteMusic.com

Thanks

I got it at that link

Hmmmmmm. I remember this one from some months back. I'm still thinking about it.

I'd like to compare it to the original version. I'll search your previous posts to find it.

Didn't the old one have more harmony vocals?

At 4:00, or there abouts, I like the staccato guitar work - reminds me a little of some Doobie Brothers' licks when Michael was in the band.

Further report to follow.........

Wait a minute, the original might be in the kids' iTunes library!

Thanks

Senor Blanco!

It was you post of 6-8-07, in which you asked whether it was "done." However, the link to the original will no longer cooperate. Therefore, I am left without a reference point to confirm my recollections.

You commented that you were concerned about the canned drums. I don't recall any concerns myself at that time.

I will be listening further........

Thanks

Undertones

The "rumble" at the beginning and end is just right.

I don't detect anything untoward at all. Of course, I'm just an old fart.

For some reason, I thought the original had some sweet vocal harmonies.

It certainly works well without them (if they were there in the first place).

Burn it!

ALWAYS a pleasure to hear one of your compositions.

Thanks
    THANKS G!

It wasn't done. I did ultimately decide to go with a real drummer on the piece (versus DFHS), and I wasn't disappointed. I think the drummer's performance took the production up to a whole new level.

I listen to this myself and find it slightly amazing that it was totally birthed via the net. It's a wonderful age we live in where that can happen.

btw ... this one never had any harmonies. Thanks again for the input, bud. I appreciate it.

Best,

Kev-
    My Albums are free at:
    KevinWhiteMusic.com

Thanks
    Little bit of a "whoops" again on my part.

There is a difference between a mix "right off the board", and one that has that additional "polish" of mastering applied to it.

Normally, I take my mix off my DAW and save the raw file as the one that goes to the M.E. -- but then I'll do a quick "mastering" of the file, save it as an mp3 ... and then post up that mp3 for critque. It gives a closer representation of what it will sound like after mastering -- even though I never master my own stuff on final release.

Anycase, the mix I posted here had no such polish on it -- I forgot to do the last step before saving it ... so it was straight off the DAW ... no frills.

The link above NOW has had that extra "little something" applied.

FWIW ...

Best,

Kev-
    My Albums are free at:
    KevinWhiteMusic.com

Thanks

Chef Kevino!

All right. PM me with the recipe for the delicious sauce you drizzled over this pasta for a quick "mastering."

I'd like to compare it to the earlier post, because it now seems to jump out of the speakers.

By the way, I never commented on the ditty with the lap steel. Quite nice! You never cease to amaze with your diversity. As luck would have it, I'm trying to repair an old Kalamazoo lap steel my dad bought used back in the sixties. It's got to be 60 or 70 years old. One of the tuning buds is broken off. I want to keep the original appearance so I don't want to replace the whole side of machine heads. I can buy a replacement for about $2.00 from Stuart-MacDonald, but the shipping is almost six bucks. Go figure!

Also, coincidently, I already had in progress a country song, about playing golf, which has a pedal steel appearance, which I looped. I might have it up in a few weeks.

Thanks
    I will, G. As per usual, it's less than one might think. I don't like to apply too dramatic an impact myself ... yet one must do what must do to make it sound "appropriate".

Yet, it's only my opinion, and that's why I regularly trust others to make it.

K-
    My Albums are free at:
    KevinWhiteMusic.com

Thread Information